android
Old 02-22-2009, 04:28 PM

Default Players hangs when trying to explore SDHC card...

I have a strange problem with my player and my sandisk sdhc 8gb card. Starting the player, it shows the "search d2 ext" msg, does some processing and then moves on to the main menu...so far so good. Now, when I'm trying to browse the card through "folders" the player just hangs...firmware is pretty new (2.57)...updating is always good but something tells me it won't solve the problem and may I say, that prior to writing this thread I've tried empting the sd card, format it full format (fat 32), refilled it, and the problem remained. I would appreciate a fast response as I'm in the middle of a trip and I'm constantly moving..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Follow the instructions in this thread ( http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26764 ), and format the SD card w/the formatting tool as well.
This should solve all the problems your having, but update to the newer firmware (2.59 - http://www.cowonglobal.com/zeroboard...&bmenu=support )before doing this.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:43 PM

Hmmmm, ok I've actually tried to reformat the card with the panasonic tool, first. Unfortunately I still get the same result...the player just hangs. I also tried another card, a regular SD 512mb this time and guess what...same result, it just hangs. I think I'm getting out of options here...I'm thinking of pushing the small reset button but I'm unsure if its also going to delete the player's content which I don't want. The last option is upgrading the firmware, but its quite annoying emptying 16gb and then refill it.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Upgrade to the 2.59 fw, that's the main thing I want you to do, as that's the best solution to your issue. As for deleting your content on the player, I think you should. You really do need to wipe the D2 completely.

Now, using the SD formatting tool is for efficiency. That will really just speed up your player and sd card read/writes. Also corrects file system errors, but you need the upgrade first.

As for pushing the reset button, all that does is shut the player down, you don't lose any files.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:53 PM

Default I don't think that will help somehow!

Same Here.
I have cowon d2 16gb dab. It worked ok with memory cards then would start to freeze on photo folders on sd card, some would open but others would freeze the player. Now it does not integrate tunes from sd card and freezes when I try to select a folder from sd card in folder view. This is the same on 1gb, 2gb, 8gb, and 16gb cards. None will work, they did before tho! how is this possible. I have the current up to date firmware and have not changed a thing since these cards worked fine!
They are detected and viewable / editable in explorer.
Anyone got the answer as I bought this player because it took these cards... It seems not thought, very annoying and I will send it back if no-one can explain how to permanentley fix this issue! I too have formated with suggested tool and problem remains... I have the latest firmware too. I personally think the player is seriously flawed, shame because otherwise it's great.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:59 PM

Default One Last shot!

Did I understand correctly? If I want my sd cards to start working again I have to delete all files from sd cards AND the D2, then format the sd cards AND the D2 with suggested tool then reload? I have nothing to loose so I will try this, but why would it suddenly stop working correctly in the first place? and more importantly will it do this again in the middle of a 6 month vacation?

Old 03-07-2009, 05:10 PM

Hey, I actually have a good update. I finally took the time, emptied my player onto my pc and updated firmware version from 2.57 to 2.59, after that everything started working again! In response to the guy above, the SD formatting tool only make the cards load faster..thats it.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outtanames View Post
Hey, I actually have a good update. I finally took the time, emptied my player onto my pc and updated firmware version from 2.57 to 2.59, after that everything started working again! In response to the guy above, the SD formatting tool only make the cards load faster..thats it.
It also helps to prevent database corruption errors, so I'd still use it as a precaution.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:41 PM

OT: Does the music on the SD card integrate with the player's main library?
Like, I can search by tags, etc...
Thanks

Old 03-09-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker View Post
OT: Does the music on the SD card integrate with the player's main library?
Like, I can search by tags, etc...
Thanks
Yes, I reckon you're able to that. Once you put in a card, the player autodetects it and integrate it's content.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:04 PM

i recently bought a d2+ . should i use the tool listed above to format my card? haven't put any files on the card yet, so no issues.
thanks

Old 03-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donv View Post
i recently bought a d2+ . should i use the tool listed above to format my card? haven't put any files on the card yet, so no issues.
thanks
It couldn't hurt, so format the sd card.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijonze View Post
Did I understand correctly? If I want my sd cards to start working again I have to delete all files from sd cards AND the D2, then format the sd cards AND the D2 with suggested tool then reload? I have nothing to loose so I will try this, but why would it suddenly stop working correctly in the first place? and more importantly will it do this again in the middle of a 6 month vacation?

I'm having this same problem about every few days and I change memory cards a lot. I have five Trancend memory cards, four 8 GB and one 16 GB and they've all been properly formated and transfered to many times. Goto settings and clear the internal memory. Make sure you don't have a card in there or it will clear that too. It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong, you're right it's a seriously flawed player. There's not a darn thing wrong with your cards and there is none with mine either. It could be a very cheap card reader and cheap internal memory. That's what I think it is. This is all part of the database corruption bug. I wish there was a way to tottaly clear the database and rebuild. Changing language and such doesn't tottaly clear the database. So it's been what three years and Cowon still won't fix their problems? I'm glad I only had this device for a few months. It would of been driving me crazy all those years but instead it's been driving me crazy for the past few months. So I'm stuck using only memory cards and clearing the memory every few days. This is getting rediculous. I might be going back to my zune even though the disc never spins down when playing certain music. I'll just leave it at that and explain the whole bug in the zune forums here.

Ugh, is there any other suggestions? Would Cowon allow a trade in for something else that is the same value or allow me to upgrade with a little more money? I'm becomming very unhappy with my purchase and I already invested $250 with memory cards and all for it. I think these D2s need to be recalled, they're defective.