android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon S9

Old 04-16-2009, 05:34 PM

Default I just got my Cowon S9 and I'm having trouble with music

'Ello there. I just got my Cowon yesterday and I'm so excited about it!
I just went to the website and downloaded a new firmware, 2.20.
So anyway, my Cowon is really amazing. The capacitive touch screen is great and it didn't take me long to learn to navigate it despite complaints of reviewers saying that it was a confusing UI.
Question numero uno: What is the best music software to use when syncing music? My preferred is WMP, but it can sync the music just fine. But the cover art is always missing! I tried MediaMonkey and I couldn't find a way to delete music off the Cowon. I tried Rhapsody and it was a total mess. I tried WinAmp and the album art wouldn't sync with the song!
Question numero dos: What are the symbols for the repeat and shuffle button and where can I find them on my Cowon?
Question numero tres: Is there a way to change the volume without the hard buttons on the top and on the screen like the ipod touch?
Question numero cuatro: Please help me with the first question! I only have five songs on here and I'm really ocd about not having cover art!

Thank you in advance.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-16-2009, 06:04 PM

On the music screen, flip the menu to the one with EQ settings. The square-ish symbol with what looks like a little "play" sign in the middle is the one with repeat/shuffle settings.

I never used the default music screen for more than an hour, so I'm not sure if it's actually a feature, but I can swipe up/down to change the volume on my current screen (Claw's UI). Once again, YMMV, I'm not sure...

I can't help you with the music syncing thing, sorry (I very much prefer using MSC mode and just tagging them with mp3tag, never had any major problems with it)

Old 04-17-2009, 08:07 AM

Numero uno: I use mediamonkey and I never miss a cover art, but for erase the music i just delete the folders.
numero dos: already answered.
numero tres: Not with the default music screens, other themes like Curve S and Claw's UI allow you to do that.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:53 PM

Thanks guys.
So I found the buttons and I'm working on the album/cover art right now.
1. But something strange....when I sync to the Cowon it says that it's syncing. And then I when I'm done I try to listen to music and not all of the music synced is there! Any thoughts on that?

2. Now since Claw's UI has a touch volume on it, how do I get it on the Cowon? I've had trouble with this since the first day I got it.
I unzip Claw's thing, go to my Comp, go to system, and go to Flash UI (for some reason it only has SOL, and not applications like it used to) and I drag Claw's stuff right in Flash UI folder where it already has a mainmenu1. So....what happens next?

3. And I hate being a noob (the people at Samsung Eternity forums nearly shot me for asking so many questions) but how do you guys put your text files/Word documents on the Cowon? Everytime I try, I drag it to the Documents folder and it says it's there but it's not.

Again, thanks a lot!

Old 04-17-2009, 07:54 PM

lol dw, i think people here are quite open to questions, so don't worry about getting shot down.

2. mmm.... after you drag in Claw's stuff into the Flash UI folder, if you click into Utilities->User Settings, go into the music settings menu, then go over to page three, you'll see two options called "swipe up function" and "swipe down function". There you can change what swiping up and down on the music.swf does.

3. the S9 reads .txt files only.... so it SHOULD read them in the documents folder, or in any other folder for that matter.

Tags
album art, cover art, sync