android
Old 02-24-2009, 11:05 AM

Default Sansa c240 rockbox not showing songs

Hello everyone. It's really weird, the last 2 days I've been loading songs onto my Rockbox'd Sansa c240 the same way I always have- MTP mode I believe. It's the mode where the player shows up as a drive and i just drop folders in.

Anyways, the past 2 times I've tried it the folders seem to load on, as they take a while and the hourglass is on there and all that but when its done I can't see the folders in windows explorer or on the player. If I try to put it on again it tells me that folder is on there and would I like to overrwrite. I say yes and it loads again but the folders are still not visible.

Anyone experience this and can shed some light for me? Thanks!

Btw- This has only happened so far when using the on board memory. I have not loading anything new on the MicroSD card.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-24-2009, 02:05 PM

Have you tried re init'ing the dbase? I had that problem.. loaded a couple o gig to my sdhc card and the new stuff never showed up. I had to re init the database since it, by default, will only do it manually. Try that out.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

You probably want MSC not MTP.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSquirel View Post
Have you tried re init'ing the dbase? I had that problem.. loaded a couple o gig to my sdhc card and the new stuff never showed up. I had to re init the database since it, by default, will only do it manually. Try that out.
ForSquirel or anyone:

Would you please provide instructions on how to manually reinitialize the database.

Everytime I turn on my player, it automatically displays a "refreshing" database message, but I assume that is not the same as manually "Init'ing" a database.

(I have had problems in the past where the player does not display any songs, yet they still reside in memory. I have suspected a corupted player database, but have not been able to figure out how to get the player to read the tags of the songs in memory and then rebuild the database from scratch.)

Thanks for your help.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:38 AM

I use this as a workaround for the problem: instead of going directly to "Database" go to "Files", then go to "MUSIC" and you should see all your album titles there. Select an album and you will see all the song titles in the album. From there you can play all of them. Does anybody else have a solution to this? I have the same problem. Frank D

Old 04-12-2009, 09:04 PM

i had this problem too..when i went into the Rockbox firmware, i couldnt listen or get to all of my songs..i could only listen to some of them..but when i went into the original firmware, i then could listen to all my songs..and so when i went to go listen to the songs taht only showed up on the Rockbox firmware, i noticed that after the name it said, ".wma" so i suggest you try and convert some songs to ".wma" and see how that works out..