android
Old 02-25-2009, 05:52 PM

Help Anywhere to browse selection of Skins/Cases?

I finally bought my Fuze (4GB Black) at a local store here in Canada (Futureshop) and realized that I've seen nothing in the way of skins or cases for it. Does anyone know where I can find a selection of both? I'm also looking for one of those holders for your car AC/Heat vents that can hold the Fuze in it so I can listen to it via an FM Transmitter (for the transmitter, I saw the Maximo on the Sansa website, that the best one?)

P.S - Is the USB cable it comes with really proprietary? So if you lose it or it's defective or damaged, you're basically screwed?

Cheers!

Last edited by Zayne; 02-25-2009 at 07:58 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayne View Post
I finally bought my Fuze (4GB Black) at a local store here in Canada (Futureshop) and realized that I've seen nothing in the way of skins or cases for it. Does anyone know where I can find a selection of both? I'm also looking for one of those holders for your car AC/Heat vents that can hold the Fuze in it so I can listen to it via an FM Transmitter (for the transmitter, I saw the Maximo on the Sansa website, that the best one?)

P.S - Is the USB cable it comes with really proprietary? So if you lose it or it's defective or damaged, you're basically screwed?

Cheers!
I hate to say it, but your location could be an issue again. Amazon US has a veritable butt-load of skins, cables/chargers, transmitters, etc. I don't know if the Canadian equivalent site has the same selection though. Good luck though
PS....don't forget a screen protector!

Old 02-25-2009, 10:36 PM

I won't even take the player out of the box until I have a full skin that covers the entire body, including the screen. Don't skins cover the screen as well and what are some good ones to look at? I need some good recommendations.

Cheers!

Last edited by Zayne; 02-25-2009 at 10:53 PM.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I won't even take the player out of the box until I have a full skin that covers the entire body, including the screen. Don't skins cover the screen as well and what are some good ones to look at? I need some good recommendations.

Cheers!
Here's one option....it's available through Amazon US, but since you're in the great white north I gave you the actual seller's site
http://www.bargaincell.com/product_44457_3528.html

Old 02-25-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Here's one option....it's available through Amazon US, but since you're in the great white north I gave you the actual seller's site
http://www.bargaincell.com/product_44457_3528.html
Great White North, haven't heard that one in a while, lol =P. Anyway, thanks.... is this the most popular one or? It does look a bit chunky compared to a skin doesn't it? Are there any preferred/popular skins as well?

Old 02-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Great White North, haven't heard that one in a while, lol =P. Anyway, thanks.... is this the most popular one or? It does look a bit chunky compared to a skin doesn't it? Are there any preferred/popular skins as well?
The silicone skins are popular, but you have to get a screen protector too, and since you said you wanted it all covered, I went for the "most covered".
There are other options though....
http://www.bargaincell.com/product_44457_3407.html
http://www.bargaincell.com/product_59175_4192.html
http://www.bargaincell.com/product_44457_2341.html

Old 02-25-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
The silicone skins are popular, but you have to get a screen protector too, and since you said you wanted it all covered, I went for the "most covered".
There are other options though....
http://www.bargaincell.com/product_44457_3407.html
http://www.bargaincell.com/product_59175_4192.html
http://www.bargaincell.com/product_44457_2341.html
So, if I went with a Silicone Skin, I would need a Screen Protector too correct? What is it exactly, a piece of clear film or something? The Crystal Case is still an option too, I just want to know the options =).

Old 02-26-2009, 12:06 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
So, if I went with a Silicone Skin, I would need a Screen Protector too correct? What is it exactly, a piece of clear film or something? The Crystal Case is still an option too, I just want to know the options =).
Yes, it's a clear film that sticks to the screen, and you would need it in addition to the silicone skin. The one in that link is not the same as mine, but similar enough.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:37 AM

Gotcha, what about the film? Do they come custom fit or do you just buy a sheet of it and cut it yourself?

Old 02-26-2009, 12:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Gotcha, what about the film? Do they come custom fit or do you just buy a sheet of it and cut it yourself?

I don't know if any of them are an exact fit for the Fuze....I know I had to trim mine before I applied it. It's worth it though....I've read many posts in the SanDisk forums from people who have scratched screens wondering how to remove the scratches.

My Fuze was either in the velour pouch that came with it or sitting on top of it for the entire 2 days before my scr. pro. came in the mail. The silicone skin isn't on it much now. The Fuze generally sits on a soft, spare mouse pad on my 'puter desk all the time, with 1 of my amps hooked to it, and that's where I listen to it.

Everywhere else, I use my new 8GB Clip(music) or my 2GB Clip(podcasts and about 1GB music)amp optional.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:11 AM

Oh, I see. So, I guess my last question is, are there different types of film protectors and where are they sold? =)

Cheers!

Old 02-26-2009, 01:14 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Oh, I see. So, I guess my last question is, are there different types of film protectors and where are they sold? =)

Cheers!
I think there are.
They're sold all kinds of places, I just happened to find mine on Amazon US
But I imagine just about everywhere, given that they can be used on cell phones too.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:42 AM

I use this case for my Fuze:

I got it on eBay for less than four bucks from seller e2wholesale.

It's a great case, very form fitting and protective. It also allows full access to the power switch, card slot, headphone jack, and most importantly, the sync port.

Hope that helps.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:38 AM

If you want the best protection for the fuze you can't beat the clear plastic hard case. It covers the entire screen and when it gets scratched up you just buy another one for $6. I just bought one for my nephew and I plan on glueing it so that he has to keep this one on. He smashed is Sansa e280 and if he had this case it would have been totally fine.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:34 PM

The best scatch protection I have ever found for any MP3 player has to be the ones made by BestSkinsEver. Here is a link: http://www.bestskinsever.com

Simply apply it and it will protect the entire front and back (if you put it on both sides) forever. I like the rubbery feel of the back of the fuze so I have only applied the front skin on this player so far. I have one of these on my old E250 and the player "looks" as good today as the day I bought it. (mechanically not as good, but that has nothing to do with the skin.)

Cases I have used on other players would still allow dust or dirt in between the player and case and the player's shiny surface would get marred in time. With this skin your whole player is protected from anything that comes in contact with it (other than liquids) After applying this skin you can then put your fuze in any other type of case you would like. These skins are very thin and don't "bulk up" the player in the least. They also ship world wide for like less then $3 and when I ordered my skin for the Fuze it arrived in about 3 days so shipping is quite fast. Take a look and give it a try!

Last edited by unicorn; 02-27-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:53 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
The best scatch protection I have ever found for any MP3 player has to be the ones made by BestSkinsEver. Here is a link: http://www.bestskinsever.com

Simply apply it and it will protect the entire front and back (if you put it on both sides) forever. I like the rubbery feel of the back of the fuze so I have only applied the front skin on this player so far. I have one of these on my old E250 and the player "looks" as good today as the day I bought it. (mechanically not as good, but that has nothing to do with the skin.)

Cases I have used on other players would still allow dust or dirt in between the player and case and the player's shiny surface would get marred in time. With this skin your whole player is protected from anything that comes in contact with it (other than liquids) After applying this skin you can then put your fuze in any other type of case you would like. These skins are very thin and don't "bulk up" the player in the least. They also ship world wide for like less then $3 and when I ordered my skin for the Fuze it arrived in about 3 days so shipping is quite fast. Take a look and give it a try!
Sounds good to me I will give this a try.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:31 AM

BestSkinsEver looks like an sketchy company, they seem to only have 1 choice for the Fuze and they don't have a description or even a picture to see the Skin before it's applied to the player. I mean, their skin does infact keep any and all dirt from getting inbetween the skin and fuze and prevent scratches, then that's good.

Also, do those skins protect the screen too or do you have to buy that film to go with it? Do they have the necessary holes for all inputs for everything like the memory card slot and for FM Transmitters?

Last edited by Zayne; 03-02-2009 at 10:53 AM.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:15 AM

I think your best hope would be to browse sites such as eBay or Amazon