android
Old 04-06-2009, 11:16 PM

Default FM stopped working on my D2 ( all static)

I know that the FM radio in my D2 was never a strong point of the unit and i do not use it very much but today i decided to listen for awhile and can not get anything but static.......

I'm in Chicago and the radio reception here is great so anyone have any ideays what the problem is? I tried to manually tune a vew large stations and nothing. Then I tried the auto scan, it seemed to save some stations but nothing is coming through execept static.

TIA,
jjr

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr View Post
I know that the FM radio in my D2 was never a strong point of the unit and i do not use it very much but today i decided to listen for awhile and can not get anything but static.......

I'm in Chicago and the radio reception here is great so anyone have any ideays what the problem is? I tried to manually tune a vew large stations and nothing. Then I tried the auto scan, it seemed to save some stations but nothing is coming through execept static.

TIA,
jjr
Is known that FM reception on a PMP is thanks to the cable connected to earphone plug.
Try using the earphone provided together with the device...
Without the earphone plugged FM won't work.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:07 AM

Understood with out any ear bud or headset there would be no way to tell if it was working or not. Yes I tried the OEM earbuds as well as 3 other sets and headphones I have here. nothing works.

Contacted Cownon tech and they had me re-format the HD as well as reinstall the 2.59 firmware. That did not help either so the player on in the way back to Cowon to be repaired, FWIW the player was 8 mo old and not used very much, I hope that the rest of it holds up better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaremoS View Post
Is known that FM reception on a PMP is thanks to the cable connected to earphone plug.
Try using the earphone provided together with the device...
Without the earphone plugged FM won't work.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

JJR, it could be you have little or no FM reception in your area. Did you try listening in a different area of the city you live in? Did you try another D2 in your area to see if the results are the same? Also, did you try elongating your headphones? They are the radio''s antenna so the longer the wire is the better the reception.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:33 AM

HEHE,
I live in CHICAGO and there are many FM stations here and even a few within a few miles from me. I never have a problem picking up anything untill now so that is not the issue.

I have tried 3 different sets of buds as well as 2 different headsets and yes with the wire extended being held over my head in different areas of my home as well as outside. The FM part of the radio is PUKKA period, I spoke with Cowon tech who said send it back for repair or replacement so away it went yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musichound View Post
JJR, it could be you have little or no FM reception in your area. Did you try listening in a different area of the city you live in? Did you try another D2 in your area to see if the results are the same? Also, did you try elongating your headphones? They are the radio''s antenna so the longer the wire is the better the reception.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Face fact, the guy's FM tuner has crapped out on him. I have crappy reception, he has NADA!!! Glad you sent it in for a replacement, smart move!!!

Old 04-08-2009, 04:27 PM

Thanks!