android
Old 04-02-2009, 10:25 AM

Default Nothing To Resume error - Can't play music on Sansa...HELP!!

I have an e280 with Rockbox version r18578-080923. I've had my Sansa for about a year and I've loved it ever since installing Rockbox. Just today, I go to listen to some music and it says "Nothing to resume". I found that odd since I'd just been listening to music on it an hour ago! I navigate to my music folder under "Files" on the Sansa only to find that there's no music folder. I immediately plugged it into my computer (WinXP) and navigated to the Sansa and all my music was still listed and I can listen to it through my pc. Has anybody every had this happen to them and WTF do I do???

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-02-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis2736 View Post
I have an e280 with Rockbox version r18578-080923. I've had my Sansa for about a year and I've loved it ever since installing Rockbox. Just today, I go to listen to some music and it says "Nothing to resume". I found that odd since I'd just been listening to music on it an hour ago! I navigate to my music folder under "Files" on the Sansa only to find that there's no music folder. I immediately plugged it into my computer (WinXP) and navigated to the Sansa and all my music was still listed and I can listen to it through my pc. Has anybody every had this happen to them and WTF do I do???

Nevermind. I figured it out. I guess at some point I had changed the view by accident. I guess I didn't have the button lock on when it was in my pocket and I hit the down button twice while a song was playing which caused it to change views from "show all" to something else.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:53 PM

This is one of the reasons I created an audio directory on mine. The Sansa firmware will find what's in the audio directory, but wants to make all of the original directories as hidden. Subsequently, Rockbox will only display those directories when set to show all. By putting my music/audiobooks into an alternate directory I get the best of all worlds. Rockbox shows me only what I need to see and IF I ever wanted to go back to the original firmware, it still works. HOWEVER, being that the rockbox usb stack is functional and working, I will probably never run the OF on my e280 ever again. The funny thing is that I have a v2 e280 just waiting for the rockbox port to get far enough along. I'm wondering if I'll even notice a benefit, but my wife who has a Fuze has already called dibs on one of the e280's when the second one is rockbox capable. I haven't told her that her fuze should also work at that time. ;-)

Tags
rockbox, sansa e280