android
Old 03-24-2009, 07:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Unless Slysoft has a US site, I can't buy a license key from them. Thanks though.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-25-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz View Post
This is not a sarcastic question and is serious, but do you listen to music for most of the day?
I listen to music occasionally for an hour or 2 at work, and while driving i constantly listen to music.
I have a massive collection of music as do many people since the new fangled internet thing, and file sharing was created.

I currently own a 32gig o2. but want a 32 gig S9 because i would have to charge it less
Cowon A3 30g (working just fine)
Cowon O2 32gb /w 8gb SD Card(brand new hooray)

Old 03-25-2009, 12:29 PM

It's not about needing to listen to 30gb of music on any one time, it's about having the choice between 30gb worth of different albums when you do listen.

Sure you could keep on rotating albums every night to keep things fresh but I don't want the hassle. My collection in total (including stuff I don't really listen to much but don't want to part with) past the 32gb mark some time ago and is still growing, and I want the albums I love the most at my finger tips all the time.

I'm pretty much at the point of having washed my hands with my dream of an S9, especially since I've done the "Vintage +" upgrade to my D2 and breathed new life into the little Cowon. I'm going to spend my expendible income over the next couple of months on a set of Phonaks and a 32gb SD card instead.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieE View Post
It's not about needing to listen to 30gb of music on any one time, it's about having the choice between 30gb worth of different albums when you do listen.

Sure you could keep on rotating albums every night to keep things fresh but I don't want the hassle. My collection in total (including stuff I don't really listen to much but don't want to part with) past the 32gb mark some time ago and is still growing, and I want the albums I love the most at my finger tips all the time.

I'm pretty much at the point of having washed my hands with my dream of an S9, especially since I've done the "Vintage +" upgrade to my D2 and breathed new life into the little Cowon. I'm going to spend my expendible income over the next couple of months on a set of Phonaks and a 32gb SD card instead.
EXACTLY. Well put sir. I'm using a 60GB player now, and it would be very hard going to something so low as 16GB. If I ever forget to take my 60GB to work, I use my phone which has a piddly 4GB, and when this happens it's very annoying that I have such a drastically reduced choice of tunes.

I'm with you, I think the chances of a descent capacity S9 is just a dream. To be honest, 32GB isn't that much either.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Me, I like to carry a variety of music, so that it's always there when I'm in the mood for something. The larger the capacity, the better my chances of having what I want w/me.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertedskull View Post
To be honest, 32GB isn't that much either.
I think that is a better point. In reality this s9 need to have huuuge storage space. It seems perhaps the s9 was never going to be Cowon's huuuge capacity player. At least for the time being.

I hate my tiny 16g s9 so much I can't put it down.

Oh and this AMOLED screen business, for all those wondering, it is simply breathtaking.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

It looks like the trend is toward flash memory on pocketable players. The hard drives are being limited to the 5" and larger chunks that manufacturers believe are going to be used as DVRs. we may see the last pocket hard drive player die out as Apple and Microsoft stick 128gb flash drives in their next classic/bigZune.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:24 PM

well sadly most of us hard drive player people would love the benefits of a flash drive(no moving parts better battery life etc)
But ide rather have a big clunky player if it gave me HUGE codec support and massive drive capacity

Old 03-27-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
It looks like the trend is toward flash memory on pocketable players. The hard drives are being limited to the 5" and larger chunks that manufacturers believe are going to be used as DVRs. we may see the last pocket hard drive player die out as Apple and Microsoft stick 128gb flash drives in their next classic/bigZune.
LOL! Big Zune! That should be the name of the next Zune. It just makes it sound important. "Hey Bobby! Which player if that?" "It's my Big Zune, dad, it's the greatest!"

As far as HD players, I think they're a relic of the past and sought after only by a jaded community of people that think they can hear the difference between V2 Lame and Lossless. Good riddance!
Phonak Audeo PFE 111 (White), Sennheiser PX100 (Travel Purposes), Koss KSC-75 (Eh... Too Plingy)

Old 03-27-2009, 02:33 PM

28 days out....not much longer

Old 03-27-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansaRulez83 View Post
As far as HD players, I think they're a relic of the past and sought after only by a jaded community of people that think they can hear the difference between V2 Lame and Lossless. Good riddance!
What? Do you have any idea why people really prefer HD players instead of dinky flash ones?

Old 03-27-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansaRulez83 View Post
LOL! Big Zune! That should be the name of the next Zune. It just makes it sound important. "Hey Bobby! Which player if that?" "It's my Big Zune, dad, it's the greatest!"

believe it or not some people WANT A WHOLE LOT OF SPACE WITHOUT PAYING 600$ FOR THAT PLAYER

Tags
16gb, 32gb, cowon, s9