android
Old 02-18-2009, 04:08 PM

Default Sansa View or Fuze??

Which one is better? The View or the Fuze?
On one hand the Sansa has a larger screen which is good, and it seems to have far superior batery life, on the other hand many people say that the fuze has better sound quality, and itīs UI is more stable....

I have one Creative ZEn V PLUX which i like, the thing is, i donīt like to work with it because of that childish joystick, i simply hate it....

I never used a Sansa before and that scroll wheel seems nice...
Which one would you advise me, th Fuze or the View....?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-18-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3k1985 View Post
Which one is better? The View or the Fuze?
On one hand the Sansa has a larger screen which is good, and it seems to have far superior batery life, on the other hand many people say that the fuze has better sound quality, and itīs UI is more stable....

I have one Creative ZEn V PLUX which i like, the thing is, i donīt like to work with it because of that childish joystick, i simply hate it....

I never used a Sansa before and that scroll wheel seems nice...
Which one would you advise me, th Fuze or the View....?
well I haven't ever owned a View but I do own a Fuze and I can safely say that I love...love...love it!. Battery life is better than the View + way better SQ. And from what I see in the forums you'll have to put up with buggy View firmware, not to mention the player is on the downward part of the curve re:end of life, support etc. I think the better choice would be the Fuze.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 02-18-2009, 05:53 PM

So the Fuze is more stable and the sound quality is better?

Old 02-18-2009, 07:00 PM

yessir.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 02-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
So the Fuze is more stable and the sound quality is better?
Absolutely!

Old 02-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

k3k1985:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=39732

Steve

Old 02-19-2009, 10:51 AM

i donīt know....Iīm more to the View, mainly because of itīs bigger storage capacity....I know you can always buy an expandable card, but still that coasts money. I also like th advantage of better autonomy and bigger screen.
But stability is a major concern and you tell me that the view, is unstable.....Even with the current firmware upgrades availble?
I would love to hear from people who have both players...

Old 02-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
i donīt know....Iīm more to the View, mainly because of itīs bigger storage capacity....I know you can always buy an expandable card, but still that coasts money. I also like th advantage of better autonomy and bigger screen.
But stability is a major concern and you tell me that the view, is unstable.....Even with the current firmware upgrades availble?
I would love to hear from people who have both players...
Just read this thread....and you'll see why we don't recommend the View.
http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...cending&page=1

Old 02-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Marvin:

What is in that thread that says what is wrong with the View? It was mostly a bunch of dumb comments. "I'm returning the View to pay my cell phone bill." Thats not a negative about the View, it's a negative about the posters cell phone habits and/or financial planning.

I didn't learn one thing about the View in glancing thru that thread.

Steve

Old 02-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
Marvin:

What is in that thread that says what is wrong with the View? It was mostly a bunch of dumb comments. "I'm returning the View to pay my cell phone bill." Thats not a negative about the View, it's a negative about the posters cell phone habits and/or financial planning.

I didn't learn one thing about the View in glancing thru that thread.

Steve
I just thought it would communicate the sense of frustration and aggravation that a lot of the View owners have.

Here's another thought.....from looking at that board,and the one here, the most recent firmware update was last June.....they've gone through several with the Clip and Fuze since then.

Since the complaints about buggy firmware continue on and there have been no updates in that time, it would seem to me that the company has essentially given up on the View and moved on. I'm not saying this is the right thing for SanDisk to do... but I'm trying to save the OP from going through the aggravation that many others have gone through.

The Fuze is much more current and still being actively supported, and given the price of microsdhc cards (8GB less than $20!) it would seem like a far more sensible purchase.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:00 PM

Can add only one thing to the current discussion the View is older technology the fuze is leading to the difference between the fuze and the view.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:12 PM

Donīt take wrong, but iīve decided, since i really like a good equipment i decided to buy the Cowon D2. A bit more expensive i know, but a lot better than these two...
If i had to buy , based on your opinions i would choosed the Fuze if i hadnīt see this Cowon....
Thank you for your help

Old 02-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Donīt take wrong, but iīve decided, since i really like a good equipment i decided to buy the Cowon D2. A bit more expensive i know, but a lot better than these two...
If i had to buy , based on your opinions i would choosed the Fuze if i hadnīt see this Cowon....
Thank you for your help
Enjoy it! The D2 is a definite step up from the Fuze

Old 02-26-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Enjoy it! The D2 is a definite step up from the Fuze
I agree!

I would also like to add a few things to the Fuze vs View debate. Up until recently, my View just sat collecting dust(Mainly due to the size and what I thought to be less-than-stellar SQ). The other day, I decided to wipe it down and try it out again. I started with SQ tests between my Fuze and the View(both EQs set flat and using the same headphones) and to be honest, there's not that much difference. The View has a definite advantage in the bass dept, with the Fuze having seemingly cleaner highs.

In the end both sound pretty damn good and while I don't consider myself an anal audiophile, I am quite picky and can tell the difference between great and just mediocre sound.

The View suffers from the occasional lockup (even with the latest firmware) and the max volume level isn't quite as high as the Fuze. But it certainly doesn't deserve all the bad press it's been getting. Especially on battery life. Mine seems to do pretty well. Albeit not up to SanDisks claims, but still good.

One thing I DID notice is that the Delete File option is MUCH faster on the View than on the Fuze. It can take up to a minute to delete a file on the Fuze, but it is instantaneous on the Fuze. This is certainly not something to obsess about, but worth a mention.

I know you picked the D2 over the Sansas(Cant say as I blame you there!), but I figured I'd throw my .00002 in, in case someone else was looking to make a purchase.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:39 PM

I've owned both.

FUZE:
Pros: Great sound, nice and sleek, Small
Cons: If you have big hands like me, the player gives you the feeling that you could snap it if you wanted to. Video quality sucks

VIEW:
Pros: Amazing video quality, much stronger player
Cons: Bigger (thick and tall) and the sound quality isn't as good as that of the FUZE (not that bad though)

Pretty much it comes down to either music or video. If you want it to play videos, get the View. If you want it for music mostly, get the Fuze.