android
Old 03-04-2009, 06:40 PM

Default Zune 80 (2nd gen) HDD Interference

I'm new to the forum and don't know if you guys have discussed this, but do any of you pick up Hard Drive interference through your headphones?

Everytime I hit play the first second or so of the song is dominated by a noticeable whining that seems to be due to the hard drive spinning up. I only notice it when I use my headphones (Shure SE530), which is most of the time. When I listen to it in the car I can't hear the interference, but that's probably due to the interference being drowned out by other noises around me.

Has anyone else noticed this? I hope it's something that can be fixed since I love pretty much everything else about the device.

thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-04-2009, 10:42 PM

I get this as well with my Zune 120 and Sennheiser CX-300s. It's pretty irritating. I have no idea how to fix it though.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I had the same issue w/my Zune's (80/120), and it's a real pain. I'd mostly hear the hdd spinning up during song changes, and it drove me crazy (it was audible through my hp's as well).

And the is no solution or fix, except replacing the hdd w/a ssd when the suckers get cheap enough - no moving parts = no spin up noises or interference.

Tags
drive, hard, hdd, interference, zune