I LOVES my Rockbox USB!
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Besides 'Elephants Dream' is making Mpeg player say "Incompatible Format" in the current build on my e250. Don't have time this morning to check to see if its' a real bug. Will update and test again tomorrow.
Happy to find that the problem was with my tinkering with the WinFF preset not Rockbox. Video on a 1.8" screen wasn't that important anyway. I usually just use it to show iPod owners what a $18.99 Sansa + el cheapo 8 gig card can do using Rockbox ;-)

Old 02-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansaguy View Post
I LOVES my Rockbox USB!
Man, me too! The test bootloader is working fine for me so far...and finally having native micoSDHC USB recognition is epic!

Old 02-27-2009, 11:18 PM

I love it too. But now that I don't need to boot into the OF, is there a way that I can boot into rockbox by default when I plug it in (and the device is off) rather then having to turn the device on first?

Old 02-28-2009, 01:40 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBOL3 View Post
I love it too. But now that I don't need to boot into the OF, is there a way that I can boot into rockbox by default when I plug it in (and the device is off) rather then having to turn the device on first?
Read page 1.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:33 AM

Tested USB and the new bootloader, works great for me. Goodbye OF!!!

Old 02-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

ok i'm sorry ahead of time for my stupid questions. i'm not exactly the most tech-savvy guy, but i just recently registered for these forums because i was sick of the sansa tech support. i recently bought a 4GB microSDHC card and now i'm trying to install rockbox to get it to work. i have tried the rbutilqt to install the files and i have tried extracting them to my mp3 player. i can get the main files onto the e260, but i cannot get the boatloader onto it. i tried the boatloader that comes with the 3.1 as well as the new release that was posted above that provides USB support. i can't get either one on the device. can anyone help me?

Old 02-28-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
Read page 1.
Page 1 of what? Not page one of the manual. You are usually a little more helpful...

Old 02-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Page 1 of what? Not page one of the manual. You are usually a little more helpful...
Page 1 of this very thread. Specifically this post here. In Windows, once you have the appropriate test bootloader, you'll need to place one of the sansapatchers in the same directory and point sansapatcher.exe to that bootloader/PP5022.mi4 file manually via command line, like so:

Run --> "pathname of sansapatcher.exe" -a PP5022.mi4

Old 02-28-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
I thought it was pretty obvious what I meant. I mean if you've got two pages in front of you, and if you skipped page 1, well what else would page 1 even refer to?

Old 02-28-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Page 1 of this very thread. Specifically this post here. In Windows, once you have the appropriate test bootloader, you'll need to place one of the sansapatchers in the same directory and point sansapatcher.exe to that bootloader/PP5022.mi4 file manually via command line, like so:

Run --> "pathname of sansapatcher.exe" -a PP5022.mi4
At the risk of sounding like a newbie, which I'm not exactly, can you be even more specific than this? How do you get a command line prompt within Sansapatcher?

EDIT: Never mind... figured it out.

Last edited by major_works; 02-28-2009 at 03:39 PM.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_works View Post
At the risk of sounding like a newbie, which I'm not exactly, can you be even more specific than this? How do you get a command line prompt within Sansapatcher?
Hes referring to the run box on the Windows start menu.

Though really if you've never used it before, maybe you should just wait until 3.2 is released with updated bootloaders and a GUI installer. You're less likely to break something.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Hes referring to the run box on the Windows start menu.

Though really if you've never used it before, maybe you should just wait until 3.2 is released with updated bootloaders and a GUI installer. You're less likely to break something.
I ran it from a good old DOS command-line prompt. Seems to have worked. Plugging the USB cable into my turned-off e270 now boots Rockbox directly and then goes straight into connected state. I'm also seeing the contents of my 4-GB SDHC card in Windows Explorer. I take it that's what I should expect to see?

Pretty cool... finally, the OF is totally superfluous.

Last edited by major_works; 02-28-2009 at 03:51 PM.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:18 PM

very...VERY...sweet!. R.I.P OF

Old 03-01-2009, 05:59 AM

Quote:
I thought it was pretty obvious what I meant. I mean if you've got two pages in front of you, and if you skipped page 1, well what else would page 1 even refer to?
My apologies, you were more than clear. I was way off base, sorry.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Default They've Got rbutil Working Again

Quote:
c'mon...install the bootloader...I dare ya...I DOUBLE DARE ya...lol.
Finally had time to do the research this mornng and installed the new bootloader. Very sweet to not have to do all the workarounds to use a SDHC card. Bye Bye OF!!

While I was looking around the Rockbox site I came across this:A Call For Testers

Tried the new rbutil on my e250 after formatting and it works great. First time Autodetect has worked for me. It didn't give me the new bootloader but that came back when I copied the old Rockbox folder back in place. At the speed they're moving I won't be surprised if its in the next current build.

Great work by the Rockbox Team.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
My apologies, you were more than clear. I was way off base, sorry.
No problem.

Quote:
Tried the new rbutil on my e250 after formatting and it works great. First time Autodetect has worked for me. It didn't give me the new bootloader but that came back when I copied the old Rockbox folder back in place. At the speed they're moving I won't be surprised if its in the next current build.
I think once 3.2 comes out that version will start automatically giving people the new bootloader.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Finally had time to do the research this mornng and installed the new bootloader. Very sweet to not have to do all the workarounds to use a SDHC card. Bye Bye OF!!

While I was looking around the Rockbox site I came across this:A Call For Testers

Great work by the Rockbox Team.
you should try it with the new bootloader!. It really is a thing of beauty seeing it boot into RB when you plug in USB

Old 03-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Administrator

Default It Is Pretty, Aint It?

Quote:
you should try it with the new bootloader!. It really is a thing of beauty seeing it boot into RB when you plug in USB
I had all ready taken you up on your 'dare'. Although it wasn't much of one with all the helpful people here. When I tested the new rbutil it installed the older bootloader and a current build. I had saved off the .rockbox folder before I formatted then copied it back to keep the themes and config files and the new bootloader came back along with everything else. A little clunky but it worked OK.
I hadn't updated in months so I doubt I'll need to before 3.2 arrives. The new installer has some features thats going to make it much easier to stay updated.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:19 PM

You don't need to format to update the bootloader. You can just run sansapatcher in MSC mode and it'll take care of it. You should never have to format your Sansa using Rockbox.

Tags
e200, usb