android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa e100

Old 12-01-2008, 08:39 PM

Default How many people have volume problems because of the scroll wheel?

Though my Sansa e130 is pretty darn old these days, it still works well minus one seriously annoying problem. The volume wheel is incredibly touchy and with a slight bump will blast my ears at full volume. Anyone else have experienced this touchy volume behaviour of the Sansa eXX line?

More Info. >> I have even taken the Sansa apart to see what I could see/fix. Well I discovered the scroll wheel to be a pretty flimsy rotary dial switch in which the scroll wheel itself is held on by a squarish hole which fits over-top of a protruding and matching piece on the switch. This switch doesn't look to be a very common type either so I am not even going to try and find one to swap out...I just have to accept it that it was a design fault.

Oh well, it still plays well and if you use the lock switch once you set a decent volume, you can use it normally.

P.S. I sure like the e130's A/B loop ability - as a guitarist who likes to learn riffs and songs it sure helps to be able to repeat loops quickly. I discovered that feature by accident...very cool.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-13-2009, 11:28 AM

I can't believe out of 217 views thus far, I am the only lucky guy with a touchy volume wheel on my e130! Surely, there must be at least one of you...

If yours are rock solid, then any one want to sell me theirs? PM me with a price. I live in Canada...

Old 02-16-2009, 05:35 PM

Default Your luck must be catching...

The scroll wheel on my e140 acted squirrelly the other day....the volume dropped as I was turning the wheel to the right. At least the problem didn't last long and it didn't blast out my ears...quite the opposite. If I were you I'd look to replace the player.

I'll bet there's an e140 on ebay looking for a good home right now....

Old 02-17-2009, 11:36 PM

Ya thanks for the suggestion, I have been looking actually and there are some of interest. I am kind of unsure if I will end up with one with a bum wheel though. It would probably be just my luck. I really wish Sandisk would rework this whole player. I mean it was awesome for the time and it could easily be again. OLED screen, better touch interface, lose the stupid wheel too. I tell ya, the sound was awesome. I would like instant off though...

Old 02-18-2009, 07:03 PM

well, how about this...
http://joustin.com/?page_id=10

i have the same problem and in the process of fixing it now.
i'll be back to let u know how it goes.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:17 PM

ok im back...
sansa scroll wheel works like new again.. i was considering buying a parts/for repair Sansa on ebay when i came up on the link for the fix in the FAQ section

Old 02-18-2009, 07:53 PM

lol, i didnt realize u guys were talking about the e100.. i have a e280. however, the concept may be the same

Old 02-27-2009, 07:40 PM

Hey Nology, thanks for your input. I think I am one of the few who actually use this player now and then. I have other players...but this sucker is great for looping portions of songs. I use it all the time for learning guitar licks. It runs off of one AA battery forever...

Anyhow, good luck with your fixing.

Tags
sansa e130, scroll wheel, volume. a/b looping