android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Off Topic > Random Chat

Old 02-24-2009, 02:25 PM

Default Amazon Marketplace - a change for the worst?

Perhaps I am going mad but it seems that Amazon.co.uk have changed their listings again.

They now seem to make the cheapest new marketplace seller the default choice for products, whereas before now if Amazon themselves sold it, they were the default choice.

I HATE the Amazon Marketplace.

If I wanted to buy from a third party I would go to a third party website. I go to Amazon because I want to buy from Amazon and get free delivery.

Interestingly, I saw on the news that there are some issues with getting credit card refunds for items bought via a third party, because your contract is with the website, not the business supplying the goods.

I honestly think internet shopping has gone steeply downhill in the last couple of years. Too many sites, too many flashy graphics, not enough stock or customer service

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-24-2009, 06:22 PM

Hmmm. Seems to be the same way at Amazon.com.
I've just made it a habit to just click on item and manually see if Amazon carries it in the "Other Sellers" section.

Or if I don't feel particularly lazy, I filter to show only "Super Saver Shipping" listings.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4tiv3 View Post
Hmmm. Seems to be the same way at Amazon.com.
I've just made it a habit to just click on item and manually see if Amazon carries it in the "Other Sellers" section.

Or if I don't feel particularly lazy, I filter to show only "Super Saver Shipping" listings.
I have to get stuff specifically from Amazon itself most of the time, some of the other sellers don't like shipping to my address

Tags
amazon, marketplace