android
Old 02-04-2009, 08:59 AM

Default Sandisk Sansa Fuze and View

Can anyone compare and contrast the Sansa Fuze and View. I can see myself moving from my beloved fuze to a view in the near future.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbc View Post
Can anyone compare and contrast the Sansa Fuze and View. I can see myself moving from my beloved fuze to a view in the near future.
Why?

Old 02-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
General consensus is that the the sound quality on the View is not as good. Sorry I haven't experienced the View.

What are you looking for (in terms of features) on the View?

Steve

Old 02-04-2009, 11:45 PM

There is talk of the View being totally dropped and you can see that starting to happen now, so I would say, hold on to your Fuze, if you want, wait to see if there are new players from Sandisk, if not, or you don't want to do that, I think that there are better players of that ilk.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:32 AM

Simple answer Marvin, the View has higher memory capacity then my current fuze does. This shoud make the reason for my question obvious. Look before I leap.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Let's see the View comes in 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB. The 8GB is available in a stock Fuze. It can hit 16MB by the addition of an 8GB micro SDHC card. 16GB micro SDHC is available and 32GB is announced (or available?).

So if capacity is all you want, why are you thinking about moving away from your "beloved Fuze".

Or you could get a $10.99 C240 from buy.com.

BTW, I don't understand the need to have a HUGE capacity mp3 player. Although I have way too much music on my computer, much of it doesn't really interest me anymore. I have trouble filling my 2GB Clip with 'quality' songs, never mind my 9GB Fuze.

If you really want a high capacity player, why don't you look at some of the hard drive based players. Aren't they up to (and over?) 60GB?

Steve

EDIT: OOPS looks like the View can also take a micro SDHC card. When I looked at the Sansa site to get the basic capacities, I saw no indication that it accepted any kind of card. But when I went back to that window to close it, I clicked on Gallery and there is a picture of a slotMusic card being inserted.

Steve

Last edited by FreeZ5; 02-06-2009 at 09:59 AM.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:01 AM

All good arguments Freez5, the C240 has such a small screen its not worth considering. My fuze has that.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Simple answer Marvin, the View has higher memory capacity then my current fuze does. This shoud make the reason for my question obvious. Look before I leap.
The View is an older model than the Fuze, it has a different chipset which means it does not sound as good as the Fuze and CLip, and it has been described as "buggy" in some circles.

It's possible that it may work better for videos, but that and battery life would be the only reasons to even consider one. It has better battery life simple because it is bigger, so bigger battery will fit. And as a previous poster stated, it's pretty close to end-of-life.

How much music do you have right now anyways? Given your Fuze's compatibility with the currently available 16GB microsdhc card, you should have no worries about memory. If you do have more than 20GB of music, then I could see looking for something else. Asides from that, I wold say enjoy your Fuze for now. It really is quite good, esp. for the price.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:33 PM

This is very true, no stroage worries at this point, but it doesn't hurt to look off into the future and plan for eventualities that may happen.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
From everything I've seen on ABI regarding the View (I don't own one) is that the SQ isn't as good as the Fuze and the View's firmware is buggy.

Stick with your Fuze. Why go for hamburger when your already eating steak?
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 02-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

yeah, don't get a view...i used to want to buy one, so i did some research on it. many ppl report that battery life fluctuate ALOT. it would range from 8 hours to 24 hours....so, lots of bugs there

stick with the fuze.