android
Old 02-05-2009, 03:24 AM

Default Screen Cracked - Programmable Button Help

Hi there folks,

Let me introduce myself in this first post.

I recently bought a Cowon D2 after having rummaged through the excellent posts here heaping praise on the player.

Well, these being lean times, I bought an used (and screen-cracked) D2 unit.

The screen is clearly cracked (not too deep but certainly visible) in the lower right corner of the player.

Everything else including the other corners and the external buttons look and function just fine.

Programmable Buttons:

I have already programmed the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons to SKIP TRACKS FORWARD and BACKWARD (WHEN PLAYER IS IN LOCK MODE)
And when not in LOCK MODE the BUTTONS, as you are very well aware of, function as regular VOLUME controls.

This is clearly offered in the General Settings menu.

////////// /////////// ////////// ///////////

I was wondering if you folks knew of any other tweaks or tricks that would
allow FURTHER PROGRAM-ABILITY beyond the obvious. For example: some button sequence to reach the BROWSER or the EQUALIZER or perhaps a LONG BUTTON PRESS to access the same.

1) Any downloadable THEMES that would allow this? I am guessing that the themes are mostly designed to tweak the aesthetics and not the functionality. For example: MoreMono or the OLED themes

2) Also since I am going to primarily use this in my 05 Solara which doesnt have an AUX IN, any suggestions on hassle-free
a) Cassette adapters ( auto-reverse tape decks seem to spit the adapter
right out. do newer cars have this auto-reverse
function? )

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-05-2009, 08:53 AM

Cassette is one way to go, another way is to get an FM transmitter. I prefer Cassette because of better sound and less hassle, and yes they do have auto reverse now days .

I've noticed that the player is not too car friendly when you want to turn it on and get to the music menu, but after you should have no issues pausing/skipping music.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:19 PM

so if your screen is cracked the programming only goes so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketlint View Post
Hi there folks,

Let me introduce myself in this first post.

I recently bought a Cowon D2 after having rummaged through the excellent posts here heaping praise on the player.

Well, these being lean times, I bought an used (and screen-cracked) D2 unit.

The screen is clearly cracked (not too deep but certainly visible) in the lower right corner of the player.

Everything else including the other corners and the external buttons look and function just fine.

Programmable Buttons:

I have already programmed the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons to SKIP TRACKS FORWARD and BACKWARD (WHEN PLAYER IS IN LOCK MODE)
And when not in LOCK MODE the BUTTONS, as you are very well aware of, function as regular VOLUME controls.

This is clearly offered in the General Settings menu.

////////// /////////// ////////// ///////////

I was wondering if you folks knew of any other tweaks or tricks that would
allow FURTHER PROGRAM-ABILITY beyond the obvious. For example: some button sequence to reach the BROWSER or the EQUALIZER or perhaps a LONG BUTTON PRESS to access the same.

1) Any downloadable THEMES that would allow this? I am guessing that the themes are mostly designed to tweak the aesthetics and not the functionality. For example: MoreMono or the OLED themes

2) Also since I am going to primarily use this in my 05 Solara which doesnt have an AUX IN, any suggestions on hassle-free
a) Cassette adapters ( auto-reverse tape decks seem to spit the adapter
right out. do newer cars have this auto-reverse
function? )

Tags
buttons, cowon, d2, programming, screen