android
Old 06-10-2008, 06:39 PM

had me too. awesome job enzo!!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-26-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggleboy711 View Post
ok, simple lesson in reflections people.
Looking at the reflection of the screen will bounce forward at the exact opposite angle that you are looking at it with. so if your looking at it from a 50 degree angle it's gonna be bouncing away from the object at 50 degrees.

In this specific example, you can't tell whether the second cord is going up or if it's going outward or both and to what degree. It is completely possible that the cord is in a position where the 1's cord's shadow and the second cord's cshadow overlap (which would account for the fuzziness above the
1st cords shadow) Just like when 2 shadows overlap, the farther object will project a lighter shadow and a more fuzzy one. Art school ;-)
You have a point, but I got to admit, it looks awesome!
You di good Enzo, you did good, lol.

Last edited by Roaoke; 06-26-2008 at 10:58 PM.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:01 AM

Yes, i know i'm reviving a dead topic but i dont care....

You guys don't honestly think that one wires reflection could have been that big do you?

Another thing, Zune isn't trying to go down the "ipod road" as some of you have said. In fact apple stole their ideas from creative. An employee that originally worked at creative left the company and took the ideas with him to apple. If you look it up, creative is even receiving royalties because of an infringement on this patented idea.

Also, i don't think they should be focused so much on the touch screen type that apple went with. I think they should invest their time into an OLED technology touchscreen media player. For those of you who are unfamiliar with OLED technology, think paper thin.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:14 AM
Ultra Senior Member

first, you're assuming it's one wire.

even if iit is, you don't know too much about reflections huh? there's a possibility that there was two seperate reflections created by each face of the glass. The angle of the photo would then make it such that the reflection angles of the two faces would have been slightly different causing the two "reflections" to be slightly skewed from each other and thus looking like one larger reflection to the eye. It's just like electromagnetics (since light is an emag wave itself). Each face of the glass does have it's own reflection, even if we tend to not think of it that way and you only notice it if you look from an angle, not if you look straight on.

i mentioned earlier that the angle of the pic makes it hard to discern where that second wire is. It's an illusion because it could actually be right above the bottom wire or it could be more towards the top or bottom of the "Zune". It does appear however that it is above the bottom wire and thus, the reflections would be accurate from that standpoint as well.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm just wondering if MS is considering a touck screen player for it's gen4 lineup. EnzoTen got us once, but he really got us all interested. I hope the Zune goes TOUCH!!!

Old 11-30-2008, 03:27 PM
ABI Founder

@staxx @sumx
From the guy who whipped up this fake, id like to settle this argument. The top half of that photo has not been altered in anyway. The two wires and reflection created by them in the original picture is authentic. It just happened to look awkward due to the lighting and angle at which it was taken. In other words, the part of the photo in question is real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staxx View Post
Another thing, Zune isn't trying to go down the "ipod road" as some of you have said. In fact apple stole their ideas from creative. An employee that originally worked at creative left the company and took the ideas with him to apple. If you look it up, creative is even receiving royalties because of an infringement on this patented idea.
Zune is going head to head with Apple. Think about it... its easier to go after a monolithic 80% of the market compared to a 20% fragmented market segment. I would not at all be surprised if we saw a Zune Touch become a reality.

Also, Apple is not paying royalties to creative, the law suite was setttled for 100 million paid to creative by apple and the agreement that creative was allowed to produce "made for ipod" accessories. You can read about it here. http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...o-creative.php

Old 11-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoTen View Post
@staxx @sumx
From the guy who whipped up this fake, id like to settle this argument. The top half of that photo has not been altered in anyway. The two wires and reflection created by them in the original picture is authentic. It just happened to look awkward due to the lighting and angle at which it was taken. In other words, the part of the photo in question is real.
I knew it. Lol, I have an understanding of reflections from electromagnetics. I think that awkward reflection was just caused by the two difference faces of the glass.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:55 AM

Just to make everyone drool:

http://www.zunescene.com/zune-3/

Old 12-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Zune Moderator

Jared and I recently went together to make a more updated zune concept. Check it out here

Old 02-04-2009, 03:11 PM

is this the new zune touch? i m not sure about that...
see the thread " new zune device soon?
there is a link to a website called zunePH...
so which one is now the zune touch ?

Old 02-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Zune Moderator

There hasn't been anything official announced yet.