android
Old 01-26-2009, 12:37 AM

Default Battery issues

Hello everyone,
I have been using my mp3 player YPZ5 for the last two years.Yesterday when the mp3 player showed 'battery low' dialogue I connected it with the USB and then the usb to the pc.The mp3 player display was completely dark.The computer displays that "Found a new hardware" and then it asks for the driver of "STMP3600" and starts the hardware installation procedure menu.Since then neither my mp3 player turns on nor the computer gets the MTP device or USB device.My mp3 player is completely dead.I have even did the hard reset but it doesn't help.I had upgraded my firmware a long ago but it didn't create any problem.Please help me,how can this problem be solved???Please give me a solution as soon as possible.In addition is there any samsung query where I can ask for the suggestions??Please give me some sort of idea to get rid of it.

Cheers!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You could try the last post in this thread.
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=31221

Otherwise just read thru the threads in this forum.

Steve

Old 01-26-2009, 01:22 PM

Thanks man for the advice...but I just cant turn on my mp3 player.It just seems to be dead,no response whatsoever.It is completely turned off and even if I did the reset or connected to pc,it doesn't respond!!Then how can I update the firmware?
Please help me!!

Old 01-26-2009, 01:52 PM

For a test, you might try connecting your player to a different PC and see if it will take a charge that way. It's worth a shot.

I have the sneaking suspicion though, that you have a dead battery.. and if that is the case, the only fix will be to replace the battery itself.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:56 AM

yes man...I did connect my mp3 player with other computers,but everytime I see that STMP3600 command.Can anyone please tell me how can I manually charge my mp3 player's battery?

Old 01-29-2009, 07:54 AM

yesssss...my mp3 player is getting charged!!Woohoo...it has got back the display and also started functioning!!!!

guys thanks so much for the supports and suggestions.I was thinking about opening the Z5.But before doing it I did a trick.I connected the mp3 player to my pc and then switched off the connection of my computer.Then I just connected the pc plug and speaker plug to a converter instead of a multi-plug and left the estabilizer alone!After a few minutes I switched on the pc and my mp3 player suddenly started only showing the 'battery charging' sign.It happened because of electricity overflow!!For not having a stabilizer my pc pulled the maximum amount of electricity and when I switched it on my mp3 player was also forced to get charged!!After a few minutes the Samsung display showed up and then my mp3 player turned into MTP mode.Charging after few minutes I shut down my pc then connected it to the stabilizer,so that my pc doesn't get zeoperdized!!Wooohooo..I'm so happy.I was thinking about buying an I pod nano but the adoration I have for YP-Z5 is uncomparable.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahadrulz View Post
I was thinking about buying an I pod nano but the adoration I have for YP-Z5 is uncomparable.
Don't get a Nano, look at the Sansa Clip and Sansa Fuze.

Occasionally I see a new-in-box Z5 on eBay.

Steve