android
Old 01-21-2009, 01:27 PM

Default Samsung Q1 or Sansa Fuze?

Hi, my first post here. I've read these forums over a year or two, and now with a pretty much dead battery on my G4 iPod, I'm definitely in the market for a new mp3 player.

The Samsung Q1 and Sansa Fuze appeal to me for a couple of reasons. Their sound quality is supposed to be good, the price is about right, they both play FLAC, and the size is about right. Since my audio collection exceeds the capacities of most (all?) mp3 players, I'm not sure I see the reason to go over 16GB. I'll need to swap music and update podcasts on the player anyways, so I don't think I have an immediate need for large storage. As for interface, I'll check that out in the store. I'm not really sure what to expect.

Are there any compelling reasons one way or the other on choosing one of these players? Is there another one that I should look at?

thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-21-2009, 02:02 PM

Before the cries of the Fuze lovers begin I would like to say that I have a Q1 and am very glad with my decision to get it. The screen is great, videos look great on it (the Q1 is probably better for videos than the fuze), the device looks very sleek and cool, podcasts are handled very well, and it sounds pretty darn good to me. You will not be disappointed with a Q1.
*Note: When you first use the Q1, the navigating with the touch buttons can be frustrating (it was for me) but that only lasted about a day and now I love the touch buttons.

As for your large music collections, there are some hard drive players that have a whole lot of space (like the 120 GB Zune and others).

Tags
flac, fuze, q1