android
Old 01-16-2009, 03:49 PM

Help Help with installing my Gigabeat U

Ok well I have a Gigabeat U MEU202 and it used to work fine but a while ago... (story time...)

My computers a piece of poo so I was cleaning it out, and I accidentally (I don't know how) deleted Microsoft Word Processor. That is a program I use a lot so to get it back I did system recovery to get back the files and I did and it helped the computer a bit. But then I go to plug in my gigabeat U and I have to reinstall it so I go to do it and I get this error:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cannot Install this Hardware

There was a problem installing this hardware:

TOSHIBA gigabeat U MTP Device

An error occured during the installation of the device

The required section was not found in the INF.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everytime I try to install my gigabeat I get that message, no matter what I do. I CAN charge it but thats it. I have done pretty much everything I could find to try to get it to work and nothing. Some of the things I've done:
1) Deleted Windows Media Player 10 and reinstalled it - FAIL
2) Tried every USB port in my computer - FAIL
3) Charged the battery to full then tried to install it - FAIL (Don't even know why that would be the problem...)
4) Downloaded a new MTP file from MS - FAIL
5) Went through and specified what folder to get drivers from or w/e - FAIL

Some notes about the error:
- It USED to work, it worked fine before I did system recovery.
- It doesn't show up in Device Manager when I have it connected.
- My brothers Pearl mp3 player works fine with our computer.
- I have everything that came with it, the installation disk is just for the software. (WMP 10/11)
- I know for a fact you need Windows Media Player 10 or greater so I'm 97% sure that's not the problem.
- I have dial-up so I can't try to download any big files.

So yeah I'm getting pretty frusterated. I've posted this on many sites and forums but so far the best help I've gotten was to:
Delete the driver files and reinstall the player
Which is dumb because there are no driver files...

So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-19-2009, 07:58 AM

Smile Yes! Resolution to MTP error!!!

Yes!!! Finally!!!! I have found the solution to the "the required section was not found in the INF" error, and boy was it an easy fix. Here are the steps: (and I hear you can get this error for a lot of devices not just mp3, so I figured I'd post the steps.)

1) Open the file: C:\WINDOWS\setupapi.log
2) Now you have to look for the section that is about INF error. Heres what mine said: (it was at the very bottom of the file.)

#I140 Installing device class: "WPD" {EEC5AD98-8080-425f-922A-DABF3DE3F69A}.
#E067 Could not locate section [ClassInstall32].
#E142 Class: {EEC5AD98-8080-425F-922A-DABF3DE3F69A}. Install failed. Error 0xe0000101: The required section was not found in the INF.
[2009/01/16 16:29:32 516.3 Driver Install
]

This just tells you what the error is and what file is messing up the installation. So now we have to find that file.

3) Ok now go up a few lines from that section and look for a file that ends in .inf, thats the file you need. Mine was this:

#I063 Selected driver installs from section [Toshiba_MTP] in "c:\windows\inf\oem35.inf".

4) Now search and find that file, and open it. Save a backup just incase.

4.5) note: If it says something like cannot save to that path or the file is Read Only. Find the .inf file again, right click on it and select Properties. Uncheck the Read Only part.

5) Now with the .inf file open, you need to add a section with the part of the file that's missing. Mine was this:
#E067 Could not locate section [ClassInstall32].

6) So add in [ClassInstall32] or what ever section is missing (theres a good chance this is whats missing in general.) to any part of the .inf file, I did it at the bottom.

7) Save it, close it.

8) Reconnect the device and install it and viola!

Thanks!!

Some steps were copied from www.loosewireblog.com

Tags
gigabeat u, gigabeat u help, toshiba help please