android
Old 12-28-2008, 11:04 PM

Default Bluetooth Headphones

Looking for some suggestions for some decent bluetooth headphones. Looking to buy off ebay because they are too expensive new. Dont really want to pay more than $75 and id rather pay closer to $50. if thats even possible to get something decent. Any ideas?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-29-2008, 02:15 AM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...one-review.php

Old 12-29-2008, 06:34 AM

Did not know that this sort of thing was available at any price, thanks for the addition to my fund of computer knowledge.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:08 AM

Believe it or not, the Jabra BT620 is more expensive than the Motorola S9, and almost as expensive as the Logitech Free Pulse on Ebay . Any other ideas? I can get an S9 for around $50, and no its not fake. But i read quite a few reviews saying that they arent loud enough, and that they arent very glasses friendly

Old 12-29-2008, 11:13 AM

Also, how are the Sony DR-BT22, i can pick them up for $60 shipped. Im also concerned with how they look

Old 12-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The BT620s and S9s are fine, but when you want a better experience there are much better bluetooth headphones out there. JBL makes at least one that comes with an iPod connector you can toss. It's nice in that pairing is very simple. Sony makes a few great bluetooth headsets as well.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:05 PM

None of the other Sony's ive seen really fit within my price range. I dont think the S9's will work for me because of my glasses. The BT22's look nice, but im not sure they will work either, i mostly use my mp3 on the bus (really loud engine noises) so i usually wear IEM's i had the bose triports (got them for $50) but i recently sold them. I just picked up a pair of senn cx 300's. But i just like the idea of going wireless so im looking for some decent bluetooth headphones that are somewhat noise canceling. The bose triports didnt isolate that much sound, but they were fine for me.

EDIT* and i dont really like the 620's they just seem ugly to me. Ive never liked the behind the ear style. I really like the s9's though and they seem perfect for me. Just the problem that i have glasses

Old 12-29-2008, 03:04 PM

arekieh,
I wear glasses and don't have any issues wearing my Moto S9's at the same time.. quite comfortable, for me at least. Always good to try before you buy.. if possible...

The S9-HD is the newer improved version and though a bit more money, I'd recommend you go that route.

Neither of the S9 models are extreme noise blockers as IEMs tend to be, but they should work well enough for you.

Old 12-29-2008, 03:56 PM

Hmm,
Im getting torn between things now. For the BT Headphones im deciding between the S9 or the Sony BT22. Or else id like to get Good IEM's between tehse 3
http://shop.v-moda.com/p-16-bass-freq.aspx
http://jaben.net/shopping/product_in...products_id=50
http://www.zagg.com/audio/zbuds-iphone-earbuds.php

CX300
EP630

Old 12-31-2008, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utew View Post
arekieh,
I wear glasses and don't have any issues wearing my Moto S9's at the same time.. quite comfortable, for me at least. Always good to try before you buy.. if possible...

The S9-HD is the newer improved version and though a bit more money, I'd recommend you go that route.

Neither of the S9 models are extreme noise blockers as IEMs tend to be, but they should work well enough for you.
If you don't plan to use it for running or the gym I recommend saving some cash and getting some S9 over the S9-HD. I have both and Only reason for the S9-HD is for it superior sweat/water resistance. I actually think the audio of the older S9's is a touch better and the buttons are easier to use (some disagree). I use the S9-HD when running/working out or when the S9's are charging, all other times I grab the S9 first.

My observations:
-The S9 has a little better overall audio quality while the S9-HD have a little more bass.
- The buttons on the S9 are easier to use. You just fin the center raised button and go up or down to the touch sensative buttons to use their function. On the S9-Hd's all buttons are raised so you have to feel then all to know witch button you on before using the function you want.
- S9's can be found on ebay for under $40, the S9-HD's for about twice that.
-Make sure you go with a respectable seller and avoid the Honk Kong sellers, there are a number of fake S9's floating around.
- They are ok with glasses. Not great but ok, just put on the S9's first
-I find the audio plenty loud enough.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:07 AM

Good response, RojasTKD..

Thanks for the additional info

Old 12-31-2008, 05:06 PM

Thanks Rojas. I was about to buy the S9's then started looking at IEM's and bought the V-Moda Vibes for $50usd (Red Roxx version from newegg)

Old 01-11-2009, 03:53 PM

I just got the Motorola S805. These are over the top of the head traditional phones, with ear cups that fit over the ears. Motorola calls them "DJ Style" bluetooth headset/headphones.

Due to the ear cup design, they block out a lot of ambient noise. The sound response seems to be pretty good. I'm not hearing much "white noise" in between tracks either, the sound is very clear. They paired well with my motorola phone and P2, and will take calls while I'm listening to music. I haven't actually spoken on a phone call yet -- just tested it with dialing while I was connect to the P2 to see how the music/to phone call/back to music function worked. So I don't know how well the microphone picks up my voice for calls.

The only thing really negative I've read about them on reviews is that some people report the buttons to be cheap or loose, but I haven't had trouble with them yet.

If you don't like the appearance of the over the head/ear cup design while you're out in public, on the bus -- then these aren't for you. But the price is good, you can get for about $50, depending on where you look.

BTW -- I tried a pair of Cardo S2s. Had to send them back. The plastic is weak. They broke after just three months. I was careful with them, too.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:02 PM

The Motorola S805 do sound fairly good but don't have the build quality and durability of the other over the ear designs I've used (DR-BT50, SHB600). The plastic that end caps the leather head band cracked and broke after a few months of use. My DR-BT50 looks like new after 1.5 years of use.