android
Old 01-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumx4182 View Post
you realize that you get your hopes up for practically every player and end up being let down...methinks you need to ramp up slowly this time. Haha. First it was the Touch, then the S9...you ended up disappointed with both! lol. Pretend this player is gonna suck really bad and maybe it will work out better for you!
Actually, both players have now surpassed what I 'd expected of them. Even the S9, and my 1 prob w/it was the stupid accelerometer. Now, my only worry is making a choice and getting buyers remorse. TBH, the X1000 is in the lead, and the S9 is only a hair behind.

AS for the Touch, it was better than I'd expected. And if I'd had my little PA2V2 the SQ from the LOD would have been fantastic. I just hadn't used an amp yet.

The X1000, that's better than the touch by a longshot!!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

lol, i just remember you saying "HOLY CRAP!! I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THIS!" or something similar for more then a few players and like 3 posts later is you being disappointed! haha. I feel you though. I'm going through the same thing looking at cars. Everytime I find a car I want, I find it lacking in something or another, it's never quite what I want it to be.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessipoo View Post
I agree Enzoten, but one site said the NC would be headphone-independent (which I doubt.. didn't sony release a headphone dependent NC pmp before?) but it would be sweet if it was included, I won't cry over it though since other players don't have it anyways.
By using a microphone on the device itself, it could well be available as a feature for all headphones. It seems like I read this was the modus operandi... though it does raise the prospect of a problem, if you carry the X1000 in your pocket when using the NC though (thus covering up the mic).

Wish Sony would firm up the feature set specs, though I realize this thing is still gelling ATM.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:32 AM

ATM??
I wonder if it has an accelerometer (my god.. is that spelt correctly), on the little CES demonstration video, the video is in landscape mode but it doesn't show if the player has one built it.. or G sensor (same thing?) cuz I would figure you would need landscape on that screen size to make internet browsing and typing more enjoyable

Current player: Sansa Clip 4GB (as a temporary and workout player)
Future PMP: looks like I'll never get one cuz I'll never be satisfied.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:00 AM

ATM=at the moment

I think accelerometers are overrated, when used in the fashion they are presently for media players... easy enough just to switch view modes with a button/icon.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:58 AM

Has anyone seen pictures which include the sync port? I am trying to find out if this player supports Sony's standard WM-Port?

Old 01-12-2009, 10:51 AM

agreed, but it's damn sexy. You don't need pretty looking buttons or a smooth flick-like interface (say cover flow), but it makes for a sexier device. More enjoyable to use.. it's all about the experience. It's a transition, I have an accelerometer on my w760 phone but the transition is so abrupt I don't like it.

Current player: Sansa Clip 4GB (as a temporary and workout player)
Future PMP: looks like I'll never get one cuz I'll never be satisfied.