android
Old 01-05-2009, 03:30 AM

Default Question about D2 playlists - .pla files, specifically

Hi, I've got my D2 on its way - with any luck, it'll arrive by this weekend, and I'll get to play with it myself. In the meantime, I had a question:

If you create a playlist in MTP mode, can you see the file in MSC mode?

I remember reading somewhere that a .pla file shows up, but that it's zero bytes or something and the data is stored somewhere else. However, I don't remember where I found that info.

If you can see the actual .pla file, does anyone know if you can drag-and-drop other .pla files into the same folder to add playlists? I know .pla files are an odd format, but I've tried poking around on Google and think I might've made a M3U->PLA converter if I'm understanding the .pla format correctly... if you can indeed drag-n-drop a .pla file to add a new playlist, then I've found a way to convert M3U playlists to something the D2 understands (or at least translate it to something the D2 understands).

I'm not putting any money on this idea actually working, but I'm still hoping that this will get me somewhere, and that we'll all be on the path to having easy (...easier, anyways) playlists on the D2, and in MSC mode even! Of course it'd be nice if Cowon just added M3U support to a firmware update themselves -_-

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
.m3u, .pla, msc, mtp, playlist