android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung S3 / S5

Old 09-04-2008, 08:57 PM

Default My Media studio gets an error message when converting movie files!

My Media studio gets an error message when converting movie files! I always get an error message(the one where you will send an error report). I dont know why this had happened. I just updated it and after that I cannot convert videos anymore.T_T Need urgent help on how to fix this problem.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-29-2008, 03:42 AM

Default SelfMV2 error?

first i found that media studio never seemed to work for me when converting videos, i didn't get that specific problem but it didn't work anyway. so i downloaded EmoDio which exactly the same thing also made by samsung (why didn't it get supplied?) it worked for a couple of times, but soon whenever converting a window popped up saying SelfMV2 error blah blah blah program needs to close. it never worked since. my advice to you is download EmoDio (google it) then download an expanded codec pack called k-lite codec pack from codeguide.com. this all worked for me until i hit the dead end. it may or may not fix the problem for a short term period. if it doesn't at least we'll have the same problem.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:49 PM

That Emodio website is very buggy, but I downloaded the software. Seems like the software is somewhat buggy as well. It has a 50% hit rate for recognizing my S3 the first time and I end up having to re-try on a different USB port to get it to work. I know the ports are fine so it has to be the Emodio software.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:17 PM

yea EmoDio and SMS are both really crappy excuses for programs. My Emodio was working fine until today when it refused to recognize my player as well. Also there are a whole lot of other bugs in both. As of yet i have found no other way to putting videos onto the player without EmoDio or SMS and they're both hit and miss. It is possible to drag and drop music and photos(so long as they are correct format) but not Videos. The main problem is samsung have created their own video format .svi. i have heard around the forums that changing the suffix of an .avi to .svi will alow you to drag and drop. this doesn't work. i'm still working on the SelfMV2 error problem because i have so far found no one who could fix it.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:51 AM

Trained Monkey: I used WMP 11 to transfer songs and will be look at Media Monkey & Songbird instead of Emodio. Haven't gotten around to getting video clips onto the S3, but I did find a program from DVD Videosoft called "Free youtube to ipod converter" that lets me get youtube videos onto my PC.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:19 AM

i have learned how to solve this problem finally. The converter intergrated in EmoDio is only capable of converting certain codecs i'm not sure exactly which ones do and do not work it will take some experimentation but i am sure that Mp4(ffmpeg) works Mp4(Xvid) may work also. If you ahve the option set your DVD burner to this codec in the video options. If the video was taken from the net you'll have to use another conveter that will change the current format to ffmpeg. i am un aware as to what .avi settings work as i do not use them.