android
Old 12-11-2008, 11:31 AM

Default D2 to go with senn HD-212Pro

Hey guys
im finally planning to buy cowon D2 16gb (here in india) after searchin the internet fr say 7months
they cost around 300USD here

so do you think the price is right and will they go good with my sennheiser HD-212Pro's ??

thnx

PS- the market price here is 333USD, but the cowon distributor sells it for 300USD (including shipping) COWON India

thnx guys

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-11-2008, 11:48 AM

The price is terrible compared to what Americans pay for it (16GB D2 for $176): http://www.amazon.com/Cowon-Portable...9017654&sr=8-1

But since you're in India you probably don't have many choices.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:14 PM

thanq

but do u have any other recommendations ?
ive heard sony 4g's sound better..............but only 8gb is available here
plus it has been my dream to get D2 after reading like a 1000 positive reviews, plus the awesome expansion slot, and also the flash stuff and theme customization sounds pretty good

but in the recent past ive heard some negatives about D2 like cold sound signature as compared to warm sound signature of sony..........what is it actually ?

and will i notice this difference with sennheiser HD-212Pro's ?

btw is there any other player that actually sounds better than the D2 which has 16gigs or more?

thnx in advance

----------------------edit-----------------------

and guys do you think the prices are going to depreciate because of this economic crisis?

Last edited by ayush3090; 12-11-2008 at 10:26 PM.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Compared to the ipods, the D2 is better sounding, and you have the option to customize the sound quality (SQ) to your tastes. I have the D2 8gb + HD212's, they sound great together.

I also have a 2 Sony players, and there's only a slight difference in SQ, and it's that the Sony players are tuned to sound more bass heavy, even on the flat setting. All said, both are excellent choices, so it just falls on which features you value most.

I love the SD expansion myself, but always find myself bouncing back and forth between the D2 and the Sony's. Final decision is yours, and both will have you ending up a winner!!!

Old 12-13-2008, 04:14 AM

thanx a lottttt

ill go for D2 then
coz i dont require a bass heavy player, when i have hd212' to go along with it

Old 12-13-2008, 04:19 AM

btw guys........some ppl say that the D2 is aging now
is there any other player in the market that sounds better than this ?

Old 12-13-2008, 06:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayush3090 View Post
btw guys.......
1.some ppl say that the D2 is aging now
2. is there any other player in the market that sounds better than this ?
1. The D2 is far from aging, as it's still more advanced than most players on the market. Check my sig, I have a few to compare it too.

2. Not really. There are comparable sounding players, such as the Sony's, or the Sansa clip and Fuze (both sansa's are budget w/horrible EQ, but great sounding w/no EQ on).

The D2, as most will attest to, is 1 of the BEST sounding players ever made. I did forget 1 player, and it's the Cowon iAudio 7, can't say the SQ isn't stellar, cause it's nothing short of amazing. Some say it's a step up from the D2 even.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:25 AM

thanx i just have one more question
people say that low impedance headphones get a bass roll off
so are hd212's considered as low impedance ? they're just 32ohms

thnx again

Old 12-13-2008, 08:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Unless your an audiophile, I'd doubt you'd notice any difference in the bass. And the fact that the HD212's are mega-bass heavy, why would you even ask (lol)?

If bass roll off IS a major concern, I'll offer you 2 suggestions:
1. Get an impedance adapter, it'll solve the problem immediately
(it's perfect from 60ohms).
2. Get the i7, as it doesn't suffer from the same affliction.

I doubt you'd even notice any bass issues, especially since once you engage the Mach3Bass, you'll probably be picking your forehead off of a mirror or wall. I should know, I still have the stitches!!!

Old 12-13-2008, 10:21 AM

k, D2's final then

yay
thnx

Quote:
I still have the stitches
.....hehehe

btw wt is bass roll-off actually ? is it muffling of lower freqs or diminishing of lower freqs

if its just diminishing...........then the hd212s can handle it
but muffling would be bad

Old 12-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Just that the low end is cut off, but it's below human hearing levels I believe. The HD212's really DO make it a non-issue, so you'll never hear a difference. Besides, if you've used an ipod, the bass rolloff is even more noticeable. On the D2, I'd be pretty much damned to tell the difference.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:53 PM

@ Ayush...I live in India too buddy...Im from mumbai...I got my D2 4gb for 7400 Rs.
Where are you from in India?

Old 12-13-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Just that the low end is cut off, but it's below human hearing levels I believe. The HD212's really DO make it a non-issue, so you'll never hear a difference. Besides, if you've used an ipod, the bass rolloff is even more noticeable. On the D2, I'd be pretty much damned to tell the difference.
thnx

Quote:
I live in India too buddy...Im from mumbai...I got my D2 4gb for 7400 Rs.
Where are you from in India?
im from delhi
4g for 7400 ?
its for 9000 here :S

did u get it with warranty ?
thnx

Old 12-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Compared to the ipods, the D2 is better sounding, and you have the option to customize the sound quality (SQ) to your tastes. I have the D2 8gb + HD212's, they sound great together.

I also have a 2 Sony players, and there's only a slight difference in SQ, and it's that the Sony players are tuned to sound more bass heavy, even on the flat setting. All said, both are excellent choices, so it just falls on which features you value most.

I love the SD expansion myself, but always find myself bouncing back and forth between the D2 and the Sony's. Final decision is yours, and both will have you ending up a winner!!!
Sorry for be a bit out-of-topic...

Your opinion here is very important for me... it's concerning about Sony players and Cowon D2 and you own both... I own a Cowon D2 and it SQ is excellent, this is due to its Wolfson DAC. I've read here too that Sony sounds great (possibly in some of your posts).
Do Sony players have a dedicated DAC? or is it chipset (no idea what chipset has Sony players).

If there is a thread dedicated to this topic kindly give me the link.

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

For a more technical breakdown of the Sony players I'd say you may have to search the net a bit. I really have no idea what the specs are, but most who've tried a Cowon and a Sony are hard pressed to decide between the 2 when SQ is the only consideration.

They only real advantage I see is that the D2 has a much better volume output, so larger, more power hungry HP's can be used. The Sony's are rated @5mw per channel, and I believe that Sony understated the real power level. But, it's still no match for the D2.

As for the customization and EQ, the D2 will win in this area also. The Sony players do sound good, but they tend to be heavy in the low end, so there none of the bass roll off. But the D2 sounds so good, I never really noticed any bass roll off myself. Maybe when i graduate to better HP's or iem's.

Daremos, I see you on iaudiophile all the time, and I know your very knowledgeable. I'm just sorry I couldn't provide me info, as this is all I actually know.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Daremos, I see you on iaudiophile all the time, and I know your very knowledgeable. I'm just sorry I couldn't provide me info, as this is all I actually know.
That's true (about iaudiophile) and many other forums related with the players I own, all of them Chinese, except Cowon D2... but you are one of the few who can speak of Sony players compared with D2. I've never tried a Sony player so that's is an incognite for me.

Thanks for the answer.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayush3090 View Post
thnx

im from delhi
4g for 7400 ?
its for 9000 here :S

did u get it with warranty ?
thnx
Yeah i got it from a renowned shop here in mumbai...With warranty...
Btw....FYI the ONLY dealer of cowon here in india is a guy called varun...I can give you his number if you want...And he does shipping anywhere in india...

Old 12-20-2008, 08:08 AM

hey
thnx for the reply
just read it.........btw i got it b4 i read ur reply

btw i talked to varun yestrday

he said the market price is 15000, n the site offers 13,500
thats the lowest he can provide
then i went to an authorized dealer who offered the same, but i told him that another dealer is selling it for 13,000 (lied to him ;-)), then he offered me a price of 12,500 with warranty, i bought it then

Old 12-26-2008, 04:38 AM

guys these phones have 32ohm impedance
is it enough ? do i need a separate adapter ??

thnx in advance

Tags
cowon, d2, hd212, india, sennheiser