android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon D2/D2+

Old 12-25-2008, 04:53 PM

Default no way around the 'double clicking' to select menu items?

I swear, the D2 is so near perfection it boggles the mind how such an obviously annoying design choice is what's keeping it from sheer bliss. Why do I have to click every item twice to do anything? There's absolutely no point to it from what I can tell, and no way of changing it. I can understand clicking the screen to bring up the navigation controls... that makes sense. But when I hit the menu button and click music I expect to be taken to music, not have to click music again.

Are we really stuck with this or is there any theme/firmware modification that can change it?

My Deviant Art page - they make great wallpapers

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

What firmware version are you running? And these double presses, do they occur when the screen has gone black? When using the/a stylus it seems to go better for me than when using just fingers. Other than that if you are using 2.57 and not 3.57 with different themes or skins, you have it as good as it gets unless your screen is damaged.

Old 12-25-2008, 06:38 PM

I have 2.57 which is what it shipped with. I'm running a different theme but even the default theme did this. Let me try to explain a bit more precisely what I mean to make sure I didn't get a borked player somehow:

Start your D2 and enter the main menu (to select music, video, etc)
Now when you click the option that you were on previously, it works on one click, but if you are trying to get somewhere else it requires 2 clicks. For example, if your D2 boots to the music screen then go to the menu and click music again. You got right back to the music screen right?
Now click menu again, and then click something else like video. Video doesn't open right away for me, instead it gets highlighted and then I have to click video AGAIN to get into the video screen. This is what I mean by 'double click'.

Old 12-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes that sounds about right to me. I have more problems when I use my fingers vs when I use a stylus though. Alot of people tell me that on firmware 3.57 with different themes and skins that the D2 becomes less responsive. Meaning that changing to the korean firmware won't help it become more responsive. I myself haven't notice much of a change between the two, but what you are experiencing sounds pretty much standard to my experiences.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no9 View Post
Yes that sounds about right to me. I have more problems when I use my fingers vs when I use a stylus though. Alot of people tell me that on firmware 3.57 with different themes and skins that the D2 becomes less responsive. Meaning that changing to the korean firmware won't help it become more responsive. I myself haven't notice much of a change between the two, but what you are experiencing sounds pretty much standard to my experiences.
Yeah, I checked the review video here and their unit works exactly like mine does. So it's not a problem with mine, just a shoddy design choice IMO which was even brought up in the review. Not a deal breaker as it's not hard to double tap, but it still makes the UI a tad less fluid when it didn't need to take that hit.