android
Old 11-20-2006, 01:07 PM

Default What would you change or add to Clix?

Here you go guys, i want to see what others think of the Clix. I am very happy with the purchase. Even after using a Ipod Shuffle, Zen V Plus, Samsung YP-U2, Sandisk E260.

Few things i would change. This is just my opinion, i know some are going to say its loud enough and this and that. No bashing on why you think its good the way it is, this is a thread about what you would change and why. If you happy, then im happy for you. Ignorance is bliss. (not meaning that in a negative manner towards anyone).

1- MORE volume...just a tad more for MP3s. Radio is HELLA loud compared to mp3's at full volume. Also lets you use open cans outside. Just 3-4 more notches of volume would be perfect. Maybe even a street mode, which will let you add alittle extra volume when you need it.

2- UMS support. I know MTP is the new thing, play for sure bla bla bla bla bla. Should have it that we can pick which we would rather have. Lots of companies will do this (iRiver included on some players, but not the clix..booo)

3- Standard USB cable connection. I for one love having a extra cable in my bag for certain reason. Its normally a small 12" cable, not to bulky...but having to carry the clix USB cable is awful. Its bigger then the player to carry.

4- Lanyard holder...ummm very simple thing to add...also nice to have it on a lanyard in times of working out, or certain activities when you have no pockets.

5- Bigger buttons. The buttons are alittle small for big hands. Im sure ill get use to it, but just something that could be improved on.

6- Contrast for the stats screen. Meaning when you use a custom wall paper. The players writing and screen is almost completely transparent. Would be nice to control this so we can turn it up on darker wallpapers and turn it down on higher brightness pics.

7- No line out? I use my Clix to connect to my car stereo. Nice to have a none amp'ed connection to plug into a amped connection.

8- Make the battery user removable. Not just for the ability to carry a extra battery, but in times where the player will not turn off and the reset button isnt working. Also without a AC charger, a extra battery would be nice for vacations (see #9 below)

9- AC CHARGER included in accessories kit. Ok..wtf is with the DAP world and using PC's to charge the player. I mean its great, dont get me wrong...but for times without a computer around (like vacations where you want to get away from the puter). Would be nice to have a charger for your player that you can plug into the wall. I know you can buy a AC to USB charger online..but should come with the player STOCK. No exceptions for that imho.

10- Have the case able to carry player and earbuds. This is a small gripe, but a gripe none the less. I love the case that comes with the clix. However where the earbuds supposed to go? Would be nice if the other side of the case had a small pocket for the buds. So you can have a music any time without having to worry about where you put the buds.

11- How about a small beep type speaker for the alarm? So you dont have to use headphones to hear it, or the docking =)

12- Using buttons while screen is off. This should be a simple firmware fix. Have the player be able to read dclicks and button pushes while the screen is off. I had to quickly turn down the volume to hear something on the tv, i was trying to push the volume button and to my shock, i couldnt get it down in enough time. The player will not read the first push/dclick, this will only wake it up. You again need to push the same button/dclick once the screen is on.

Other peoples thoughts on changes:

1- 30fps video instead of 15 - Good one there, didnt think about that.'
2- Different colors, Hot pink for the female geekdom =)
3- More space, would really need 30fps to enjoy it..but 8-10gb would be perfect for music, 10-30gb for video...imho
4- Line in, nice idea, but i belive they would need to improve the SQ on it to make it usable. Can do much better ripping on your puter in 320k.
5- BETTER BUDS ...i really like this idea. I know it will cost more, but again you not buying the cheapest DAP on the market. I would love to see this happen, but might cost more for iRiver. I think if it were really good buds..i would of coughed up a extra 30-40-50$ for the combo. Easily solved by pairing it up with you fav earphones.

This is just a few things that i would improve on. Chime in here, you never know who could be watching...might be able to have them change some stuff and we can all be a part of making the best DAP ever.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-20-2006, 01:09 PM

30fps video instead of only 15fps.

Old 11-20-2006, 07:26 PM

8gb+ capacity.

Old 11-20-2006, 09:01 PM

have more color to choose beside black and white

Old 11-20-2006, 10:58 PM

good ones so far...color is a plus indeed, can have some appeal to women if they made it hot pink.

Old 11-21-2006, 09:15 AM

Default Huh?

My gf loathes pink. It's black or nothing for her. Enter the 4GB clix....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLife
good ones so far...color is a plus indeed, can have some appeal to women if they made it hot pink.

Old 11-21-2006, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLF
My gf loathes pink. It's black or nothing for her. Enter the 4GB clix....
wow, i dont think i know a women out there that does want a pretty pink device =) She emo?

Did you hear about the new Emo Pizza? It cuts itself.......

JK...

bump for this cause i added some new stuff

Old 11-21-2006, 02:10 PM

Lightbulb Good thread - more ideas here

Hopefully iRiver reads these posts and updates their firmware accordingly...

Here are a few things I would like to see in future firmware updates:
  1. Ability to assign more functions to the smart key (such as going to the "Now Playing" screen, changing the wallpaper, starting the radio, etc.)
  2. Louder volume for MP3 playback.
  3. Integrate a pictures folder on the device from which the random photos would be chosen.
  4. Instead of having preset amounts of time for the backlight, let the user select from 1 - 60 seconds or minutes. (Right now the choices are: off, 5 sec, 10 sec, 1 min, 5 min, 30 min. I would have mine at approx 7 or 8 min if I could)
  5. On the "Now Playing" screen, the "next song" has a nice trasparent effect. The down side is that it is very hard to read. It should be less transparent.
  6. Ability to select the text color. This is very important since all the menu text is white, making it hard or even impossible to read on some backgrounds. Having 5 - 10 different colors to choose from would be nice (please include black as a possibility!)
  7. When the player screen is shut off (while playing) the user must press a button to "wake up" the screen and then wait one or two seconds before being able to press a button that the player will actually "read". I would like the player to immediately do what the button tells it to do. In other words, instant response when the player's screen is off. Example: I'm listening to my playlist and I don't press anything for 5 minutes. The screen then turns off automatically. The next songs that plays sucks so I want to skip it. I press "down" to go to the next song, but the player does not skip. Instead, it takes a few seconds to turn on. Once it is on, I have to press down again to actually skip to the next song. I only want to press down once and have the player skip to the next song and turn the screen back on.
  8. A feature (which can be set to on or off - maybe even have a volume of 0 - 10) that would make a beep whenever a key is pressed.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:17 PM

All great ideas..added some to the list

Old 11-22-2006, 11:19 AM

Exclamation A few more ideas

Oh yeah, a few more things would be really nice:
  • A way to see the exact percentage of the battery life remaining (ie. 32%).
  • The ability to use the player when it is plugged into the computer via USB.
  • A screen which shows player stats such as # of songs, # of videos, # of pictures, # of recordings, etc.

Old 11-22-2006, 02:25 PM

is a 30fps support possible with a firmware update? i've just converted some little movies for seeing how it works, and i have to say that 15fps arent enogh =/ southpark is laggy =(

Old 11-22-2006, 02:27 PM

I think the CPU isn't fast enough for 30fps video... otherwise it would already be playing at 30fps.

Old 11-22-2006, 02:45 PM

nen versuch wärs wert eeeuh iriver could try it isn't it so that the u10 has a slower cpu than the clix?
well 15fps are ok, but not too pretty... only some frames more and it would be enough

edit: i'm not shure but is there a clix in black? the whole clix, front and back? a ebay shop says it, but there's only one photo of it... a black one would be great

Old 11-22-2006, 05:27 PM

Versuchs mal mit Rockbox, falls das aufm Clix mal laufen sollte...

I think there will be a black version of the Clix, now that the new 4GB version is announced.

Old 11-24-2006, 08:17 AM

Smile black clix

Yes, the new 4 GB clix that has just been released is completely black.

Old 11-24-2006, 11:09 AM

I would like to see a run mode as a option in the firmware. I love being able to just tap it and change tracks while running but with the iriver arm strap its a little unresponsive sometimes it moves me out of the play window and either back in the menu or into the play mode select. I would like to see a option that made only the change track buttons work while running.

Or maybe a different back on the iriver that had some holes where you could lock in a armstrap on the back rather than having the sleeve cover the front.

Old 11-26-2006, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Creation
Yes, the new 4 GB clix that has just been released is completely black.

Im just hoping that Best Buy will have it within enough time for me to return my 2gb and pay the difference =)

Old 11-26-2006, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLife
Im just hoping that Best Buy will have it within enough time for me to return my 2gb and pay the difference =)

Yeah, that would be nice ... hopefully we will get it way up here in Canada too.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:47 AM

here is my temp solution to the volume issue....buy dam i hope they add alittle more volume to MP3 playback. Specs in my sig....

Old 11-27-2006, 03:08 PM

oh one more thing
more accessories for clix