android
Old 11-26-2006, 01:38 AM

Default Need New Earbuds..* Under $100*

I got me a ZVM (Po0wns any other MP3 Player=p) and looking for new Ear buds to go with it. Looking for some IEM that DON'T look weird. Need them to be pretty bass heavy and Sound good with the following Music Types. Spanish Music,Rap/Hip-Hop/Punk Rock/RnB/ and Reggaeton. Symmetrical Cords. Also need them to LAST. I've gone through about 6 ear buds in the last 4 months. Currently using Sony's MDR-E828LP(Love these, you can feel them vibrate when turned up all the way) and they're but the "s" and the "c" sometimes hurt my ears =\.

IEM gotta be confortable for like 5-6 hours at time.

Looking at some V-Moda's Bass Freq but if you guys know anything better tell me =)

Now I'm not smart on all this "Lows" and "Highs" and "Mids" so Just something that will make Beats bump, while still sounding clear would be nice =)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-26-2006, 07:48 AM

People usually say that the Sennheiser CX 300 sound a bit better than the Bass Frqs. They do have a J-type (asymmetrical) cord, but it's not that much of a problem for me. Actually it's practical letting the cords hang from your neck/shoulders when you don't use them. More important, the CXs have an angled plug, which is safer to use on a portable player than a straight plug, like the V-Modas have. Less prone of damaging the headphone jack of the player this way.

Old 11-26-2006, 09:10 AM
Banned

Most people (on Head Fi) now suggest that the Bass Freqs sound better than the CX300.

I think it's too close to call, and in any case, the differences in sound are more apparent than the qualitative differences.

The Bass Freqs have much more powerful bass, and sound to me as though they'd suit the OP best.

They're also lighter, and more comfortable in the ear over extended period, and (though I personally prefer an asymmetric cord) they have the symmetric arrangement that HE wants.

He'd do so much better by saving his money and going for the $100 V Moda Vibe, but that's a lot more to pay, obviously.

Old 11-26-2006, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackonicko
Most people (on Head Fi) now suggest that the Bass Freqs sound better than the CX300.
Really - they changed their "collective opinion"?
Gotta read up on that - or get the Bass Frqs myself...

Don't the Vibes have less bass than the Frqs or the CXs?

Old 11-26-2006, 09:44 AM

IMO, much more bass than the CX300 would be horrible, the CX300 are borderline too much bass. YMMV

BTW, The vibes AFIAK is a more balenced phone than the CX300/Bass freqs = less bass but better mids/highs, I've never heard them so YMMV.

Old 11-26-2006, 09:55 AM

Yes, the CX 300 have nearly as much bass as the Super.Fi EB, but lack the nuances and resolution - more bass would be deadly, even to my ears.

I'm waiting for my review samples of the Vibes to arrive...

If they sound half as good as they look, we got a winner... (OTOH, you can't get much uglier than the Bass Frqs).

Old 11-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Banned

I noticed the prepondrance of Head Fi preference of Bass Freq over CX300 because it ran counter to my personal preference - I prefer the CX300, but had only heard proto-Bass Freqs.

Having heard recent production BFs I can see why some rate them higher than the CX300.

For me it's academic though, with HJE70s, EX90s and Vibes all available at or below $100, then I would not ever buy CX300 or Bass Freq at $50.

I own all five of the above......

Old 11-26-2006, 03:22 PM

Jackonicko, are the vibes really all that much better then the Bass Freq? I might shell out 100 bucks if they're really that much superior to the Bass Freq. Thanks to all that replied =)

Edit: I am loving how those vibes ones look and that 1 year warranty looks appealing too. Hmm I'll look into some of the other ones too..

Old 11-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Banned

Mate, the Vibes are unbelievably good for $101.

Words can't really adequately sum up by how astonishingly good these babies are.

People at HeadFi are routinely comparing them to Westone UM2s, Shure E3s, and to other much higher-end gear.

I personally don't think they're quite as great as the SuperFi 5, but because they're so much more comfortable I use them every day, and not the SuperFis. They easily outdo the Shure E2/E3, SuperFi 3, the Etymotic ER6 and associated Altec Lansings. I own several dozen types of phone, and these stick in my mind as being the best value for money I've ever experienced.

I don't know how V-Moda have done it, but with the Vibe they've produced a headphone that punches way, way above its weight.

I especially recommend the flashback chrome version, as the cables are incredibly resistant to tangling, and they don't seem to have a major microphonics issue. The gunmetal black version has more normal 'rubber' cords that do tangle.

They're not as bass heavy as the bass freq, but the sound they produce is delightful, in my view. Detailed, bass rich, and great fun!

It sounds terribly over-the-top, I know, but I really cannot recommend these too highly.

Old 11-26-2006, 10:28 PM

All right Jack I'll take your word for it. I'll get them. I was planning on getting the chrome ones anyway there so shiny =) and gunmetal onces don't look as nice =\

Thanks =)

Old 11-27-2006, 04:19 AM
Banned

It's a Pleasure. I'm sure that you'll love them.