android
  #61  
Old 10-15-2008, 01:20 AM
enderandrew enderandrew is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8
Default

The comments with that patch include users currently using the patch with success, so that has to count for something. I'd be curious to see how long they have been using the patch, and if there is any way to see if they are noticing damage to their battery, such as declining batter life.

I'm curious what the process is for patches such as these to reach upstream inclusion. At some point in time the patch has to be tested, right?
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #62  
Old 10-15-2008, 10:36 AM
saratoga saratoga is offline
Rockbox Developer / Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderandrew View Post
The comments with that patch include users currently using the patch with success, so that has to count for something.
I know, I wrote many of them . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderandrew View Post
I'm curious what the process is for patches such as these to reach upstream inclusion.
betrik and I will have to agree that the patch is done, and then the remaining rockbox developers will have to agree that the patch is done in an acceptable way.
Reply With Quote

  #63  
Old 10-15-2008, 02:30 PM
carpenter940 carpenter940 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderandrew View Post
That is why I said it was a showstopper for me, not necessarily everyone else. My wife primarily uses the player, and she prefers to keep things simple. She agreed to let me install RockBox to gain addition features, but if it is going to inconvenience her greatly, then it is a no-go.

Looking in the sub-forum there appear to be several unofficial builds, and plenty of patches not in upstream SVN. Are there any patches that would enable charging for a Sansa e280? I'm willing and capable of rolling my own build if need be.

Edit: http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/8363 - Sure enough there is a patch. I'm going to suggest that Kugel add it to his build, or I might roll my own.
No need to roll back firmware to charge. If you plug in the sansa while it's off it will boot to the original firmware and charge just fine. Or if you are already in OF (done by holding REW key when booting) you can plug it into a charger and charge.
__________________
My Themes:
dancing cat Miss LED BECScope Mickey Heavy Metal
Reply With Quote

  #64  
Old 10-23-2008, 10:24 AM
sduck sduck is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 38
Default

Sorry, but I'm seeing a red flag in enderandrew's posts. And it's not exactly rockbox related, but here goes. If the sansa in your life is primarily your wifes, I wouldn't mess with it by adding rockbox. These things are available inexpensively on ebay - get your own! Just speaking from one husband to another here, trying to share some personal experience, nudge nudge, wink wink. I got my wife an ipod shuffle, and she loves it - and she doesn't even know how to turn on my various rockboxed devices. Oh, and kids? Get them their own players so they won't be bugging you - my litle girl has had an ipod mini for some time now.

If you can't resist, at least use the reverse boot loader so the device will still look the same on her end.
Reply With Quote

  #65  
Old 10-23-2008, 08:20 PM
zmjb1's Avatar
zmjb1 zmjb1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 57
Default your right on

This guy is a Genius. Listen to him!. No, really, I mean that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sduck View Post
Sorry, but I'm seeing a red flag in enderandrew's posts. And it's not exactly rockbox related, but here goes. If the sansa in your life is primarily your wifes, I wouldn't mess with it by adding rockbox. These things are available inexpensively on ebay - get your own! Just speaking from one husband to another here, trying to share some personal experience, nudge nudge, wink wink. I got my wife an ipod shuffle, and she loves it - and she doesn't even know how to turn on my various rockboxed devices. Oh, and kids? Get them their own players so they won't be bugging you - my litle girl has had an ipod mini for some time now.

If you can't resist, at least use the reverse boot loader so the device will still look the same on her end.
Reply With Quote

  #66  
Old 10-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Nimporta Nimporta is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26
Default

I checked (just a bit) the Rockbox forums to see how to upgrade. It wasn't clear of I should use the Sansa patcher or the Rockbox utility for the upgrade.

Would someone who has succesfully upgraded please give some hints to the rest of us?
Reply With Quote

  #67  
Old 10-29-2008, 11:49 PM
advcomp2019's Avatar
advcomp2019 advcomp2019 is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,838
Default

You can use the Rockbox Utility, or you can go here, and download and zip it, and put it on to the Sansa.
Reply With Quote

  #68  
Old 10-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Nimporta Nimporta is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26
Default

I did it and it worked.
Thanks
Reply With Quote

  #69  
Old 11-22-2008, 08:04 PM
THEOT THEOT is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20
Default

So my wife and I both have c250's that are rockboxed. I upgraded mine to 3.0 a couple weeks ago and did hers today. Mines been working fine. However when I upgraded hers today it works, but as soon as the backlight/screen shuts off, nothing will show up on the screen again, just the backlight comes on. Any idea what's up with this? It keeps playing, you can even adjust the volume and pause/ff/rev/go to the next track. No idea, and I can't seem to locate a place to download the previous version to put back onto it. Thanks.
Reply With Quote

  #70  
Old 11-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Llorean Llorean is offline
Rockbox Developer
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 397
Default

Why don't you try a current build instead of 3.0 then?

Though, honestly, if you both have the same build installed, and it's behaving differently for each you, there's either some strange bug being illustrated by your settings or a hardware issue.
Reply With Quote

  #71  
Old 12-11-2008, 05:00 AM
ketsuki's Avatar
ketsuki ketsuki is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nowhere town :-)
Posts: 101
Talking

This has definitely died.

I upgraded to a Sansa Clip and once the port for it has been finished, tested and debugged is when I will use it.
__________________
Silver 4GB Sansa Clip
----------------------
Follow me on Twitter.
http://twitter.com/iHaxCoffee
Reply With Quote

  #72  
Old 12-16-2008, 12:49 PM
THEOT THEOT is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llorean View Post
Why don't you try a current build instead of 3.0 then?

Though, honestly, if you both have the same build installed, and it's behaving differently for each you, there's either some strange bug being illustrated by your settings or a hardware issue.
Well, I ended up finding the old build I had and reloading it on hers. Now it works fine.

However, she dropped mine and broke it so I exhanged it at Best Buy on my replacement program for a Fuze. Micro SDHC supported, which is all I wanted Rockbox for anyway. Great player.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
sansa e200 rockbox 3.0

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.