android
Old 12-02-2008, 05:46 PM

So, that double-tap feature can't be changed, can it? Just tinkering with my D2 I just got.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-02-2008, 06:30 PM

the one thing that put me off the d2 was the interface. didn't flow nicely, and that double tap bugged me. felt too.. right click computer like. let's hope cowon learnt their lesson and did not repeat this mistake (my opinion) with the s9!

Current player: Sansa Clip 4GB (as a temporary and workout player)
Future PMP: looks like I'll never get one cuz I'll never be satisfied.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessipoo View Post
the one thing that put me off the d2 was the interface. didn't flow nicely, and that double tap bugged me. felt too.. right click computer like. let's hope cowon learnt their lesson and did not repeat this mistake (my opinion) with the s9!
To be fair, have you tried a D2 yet? With all the people commenting, I'm not saying you in general, it seems more speculation than anything else. Shame really, as so many will miss out on a really great player.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
To be fair, have you tried a D2 yet? With all the people commenting, I'm not saying you in general, it seems more speculation than anything else. Shame really, as so many will miss out on a really great player.

i 100% agree!
D2 is the best...

Old 12-10-2008, 05:10 PM

So some people thinks it inconvenient to have to tap their finger on a screen to get to what they want? Gads that's as bad as reading a warning that someone wrote about DirectTV and it taking 3-5 seconds to change channels. Are people actually that impatient?

Old 12-10-2008, 06:50 PM

I just don't like how a certain screen times out and returns to the now playing screen before you're done reading it. This is fustrating because to get to some screens take multiple steps and maybe some scrolling. Like the track list of an Album in a long list for example.
They should either stop the Now Playing from automaticaaly poping up or create a back button that can return to a previous screen, no matter how deep it is in to the system.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailzer View Post
So some people thinks it inconvenient to have to tap their finger on a screen to get to what they want? Gads that's as bad as reading a warning that someone wrote about DirectTV and it taking 3-5 seconds to change channels. Are people actually that impatient?
Not sure if your analogy is correct.. the D2 UI is immediate, without lag.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:06 PM

An instance where you have to douple tap is when you select an icon on the main menu; you have to tap to select it, then tap agian to activate it. Another scenerio is when the backlight turns off. You have to tap to turn it on, then tap agian to activate the button you wanted. Other than that there is no douple tapping.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:03 AM

I dont see any problems with double tapping...
As a matter of fact...the d2 UI is one of the smoothest ive used...with no hangs or anything...

Old 12-11-2008, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy Bad View Post
An instance where you have to douple tap is when you select an icon on the main menu; you have to tap to select it, then tap agian to activate it. Another scenerio is when the backlight turns off. You have to tap to turn it on, then tap agian to activate the button you wanted. Other than that there is no douple tapping.
I dont have a d2 but I had tried my friends one for quite a long time and felt that I am home with the interface. I actually like the double tapping idea. unlike my w950i (sony ericson) when I tap the screen it activates the backlight and click the item at ones. How the heck would I know wat I'm clicking if I cant see it? So I kinda find the d2s double tapping quite usefull. Sure the D2's interface IMO is not as fast and easy as my walkman's interface but I actually like it. Its not the best but It works great.

PS: I respect the people who likes the virtual motion but i kinda honestly didnt like it since its not that accurate. though it works when ur scrolling big music librarys. But Overall Great player

Old 12-11-2008, 04:27 AM

After tinkering with it for almost two weeks (still didn't bother with Playlists yet, because of finals), I'm fine with the UI. For now.

Oddly, even though the D2 is smaller than my TomTom, I don't make nearly as many "mistakes" touching it. Probably because the touch buttons on the D2 are pretty well separated, usually.

Quote:
The delay's effect is always taken in aggregate, and especially when you do it frequently. That's why it gets so bloody annoying. Also, horrible analogy with TVs, and that's one of the reasons why cable is superior.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:20 AM

The D2's interface isnt the greatest, but I never came across any bugs in the actual navigation process, and from the main menu, with fast fingers, it takes about 4 seconds to get to the playlist screen. I chucked the stylus and it's so smooth running with my finger, provided I keep a microfiber cloth around. I absolutley love it. Soon I'll have a Sansa Clip for my really-quick music needs, and my D2 for more in-depth music listening. =]

Old 12-11-2008, 11:59 AM

Well, maybe I have one issue, and that's scrolling through a large music list. The slider on the left is way too small, so I have to use my nails. Pretty imprecise, considering I don't want to hit the wrong thing, and that I don't have long [enough] nails all the time.

But, I really do love the hold options. I can back into a song I heard and want an encore [or two], and it hasn't accidentally activated at all.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:44 PM

I like the touch screen better than my Sansa's wheel. I usually always over shoot what I want.