android
Old 12-05-2008, 12:13 PM

Default Hit a snag: Amarok, Rockbox and Album Art

Hey Folks,

Not sure if this should be posted here or in the Linux/Mac forum, but here goes:

I'm in the process of getting my Rockboxed Sansa E250 (running Kugel's build) to play nice with Amarok running in Ubuntu Hardy Heron. I have run into a snag in trying to get Amarok to transfer album art to the player, or more specifically, to my 4GB MicroSD card in a card reader.

As it stands at the moment, Amarok sees the player's file system just fine, and it also treats the MicroSD card as a generic player (due to the file ".is_media_player" on the card). I have all of my album art converted to 100x100 bmp, stored in each individual album file (on the PC), named cover.bmp. In a test case, I have also set the cover.bmp as a custom album art in Amarok's cover manager.

I can use Amarok's drag and drop interface from playlist to device to move music with no problems, but I can't for the life of me get it to move the album art with the songs. I've done a bit of searching here, on the Ubuntu forums, and on Google, but haven't been able to find any info that appears to resolve my issue.

Anyone know if this is possible? Am I going to be stuck manually copying all of my album art to the player? I'm guessing there's probably a way to do a batch copy from the command line in linux, but at this point my linux script skills aren't up to the task.

Thanks,

MB

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-05-2008, 07:17 PM

I've been using the RockAA_0.6.jar java application to find (or convert if the album art is already in a different format), download and place the album art for Rockbox. Have you tried it?

Old 12-06-2008, 08:26 AM

Thanks for the reply KCrimson,

I have not used RockAA...I was under the (perhaps mistaken) impression that that tool would gather album arts from the net and then resize and install them directly to the filesystem.

As it stands, I already have all the correct album art, in the proper format stored on the PC. I don't want to end up overwriting my correct album art with something potentially incorrect (my experience with downloading album art in general). My ultimate goal is to find a way for AmaroK to include album art when I use it to load music on my SD card, with no extra step required. I believe this would be possible with an Amarok Script, but the last programming I've done was a hello world program in Commodore Basic about 20 years ago...I'm thinking I might have to teach myself something a little more relevant

I will take a closer look at the RockAA tool though to see if maybe I can just use it to batch transfer my current art.

MB

Old 12-07-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainiak Blaniak View Post
...but the last programming I've done was a hello world program in Commodore Basic about 20 years ago...I'm thinking I might have to teach myself something a little more relevant
Hey, that was gonna be my next WPS theme!

READY
10 PRINT "HELLO, WORLD!"
20 GOTO 10
RUN

Last edited by carpenter940; 12-07-2008 at 03:09 PM.

Old 12-08-2008, 04:47 PM

Hey Carpenter, thanks for the chuckle!

I'm not sure it's gonna work to motivate me, however!