android
Old 11-26-2008, 12:44 PM

Unhappy music software does not work!

Hey there,
I`m new here and from Germany^^so please don`t laugh about my perhaps poor/strange English sometimes(and answer simple).Also I have to thank you first because one of my problems is allready solved by now.

But here comes my problem: I got my new P2 yesterday (via internet) and now I wanted to install the Samsung Media Studio 5 (from CD). There was no unnormal situation while the installatin, but I can`t start it now when I double click the .exe file. The symbol appears in the task bar (or what ever it`s called in English) but the programm does not open.
So I decided to install Emodio but it had the same problems as SMS 5.
I already deleted and reinstalled them but this didn`t change anything.
Now I don`t know what to do...is there any possibilty to completly(with UCI downloads and so on) use my P2 without using Emodio or SMS 5 or does anyone perhaps know why the programms don`t work???. Please help me...I don`t want to have to send back my P2 because of such annoying software mistakes because it`s really cool

P.S.: I didn`t searched all threads for my problem because there are too much...so perhaps there allready is a solution anywhere in here??

thx for helping

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-26-2008, 04:44 PM

Did you download Emodio from the emodio.com. Emodio from the CD will not upgrade the P2; at least that was my experience. So, uninstall Emodio, download it and install the downloaded version.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:47 AM

well, actually I downloaded Emodio from the Emodio site. I even downloaded SMS 5 from Samsung because I thought the CD is perhaps not ok.
But nothing worked...I still don't know what to do...you maybe have another solution???

Old 11-27-2008, 02:28 PM

Hey Gays and girls thanks for nothing!!! I helped myself!!...For anybody who`s got the same problem like me...I installed virtualbox and run Win XP as a virtual PC . On this the both programs work fine...dunno why.

read ya...hopeful not too early

Old 12-03-2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbob View Post
Hey Gays and girls thanks for nothing!!! I helped myself!!...For anybody who`s got the same problem like me...I installed virtualbox and run Win XP as a virtual PC . On this the both programs work fine...dunno why.

read ya...hopeful not too early
I hope you're running on linux, cause what you said was way offensive. If installing a new copy of xp (which is what you do when you install a virtual pc) you reinstall all files, so you have fresh libraries and everything, so thing is, you most likely have corrupted/bad dll's, now, if your running on linux, stop being an idiot, next time specify things like what OS your running on, I feel like this is infact linux, because I used to run on gentoo and virtualbox was a program for linux that ran virtual pc's

Tags
emodio, p2, pc, samsung media studio, software