android
Old 12-02-2008, 08:40 PM

Default I finally got a D2!

My 16gb D2 arrived today. And I wanna say first how suprisingly small it is. I assumed it was bigger from all the pictures I saw. But it really does fit in the palm of a hand. I've experienced a couple of problems while syncFlac files, but it seems like I've figured it all out now. But have to admit the firmware seems glitchy.

Hey is the JetAudio Media Center able to trancode music when syning?
How do I turn off the radio once I've started it?
Should I format the D2 with Panasonic SD formatter? or is that only for an SD card?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-02-2008, 10:00 PM

Default Just got my D2: Question on Folders & Playlists

As the title says. I'm really enjoying the sound quality that's coming out of them, it sure beats the snot out of my [ugh] PSP. Really put back a lot of the life that I didn't hear anymore from the Vibes after two years.

I know the UI is a bit finicky, but there are some things I got used to on the PSP that I hope can be done here, or others that I wanted.

First, I like grouping my music into folders, then organizing them by the play order I want (kind of like making a music CD). That way, if I want to only listen to a certain set of music (video game [remixes], rock, instrumentals), I just pick the folder and listen to it like a CD, unless I feel like randomizing.

The D2 only organizes them by file name. Can that be changed, or do I have to go through the laborious process of renaming?

Lastly, playlists. On the PSP, I could organize files using a .m3u file instead of manually renaming them. Is that possible on the D2?

Also, more "traditional" playlist question: can I make my own playlists on my computer, then put them on the D2? Or can I only make them on the D2?

Currently using 2.57.

I think that's it for now, kind of rushing since I was just studying and want to watch the latest House right now. Thanks.

Edit: This is damn frustrating. The advice on iaudiophile isn't working. I don't know how to switch between MTP and MSC, WinAmp nor WMP11 support .pla, and I still don't know how to make or put playlists for the D2. I want to organize the music the way I want, conveniently. Hell, I might return this, holy fuck it's annoying.

Also, some of my mp3s aren't playing. Specifically, some Coldplay ones. They worked just fine on my PSP before. Grr.

Edit: The mp3 issue seems to have been resolved by not simply recopying the folder, but making a new folder and then transferring the original files to that folder. Why?

Aaaaaannnnnnd I'm back to the archaic method of simply renaming files to get the order I want. Hell, it doesn't even save on-the-go playlists if I liked it so much: my bloody LG cellphone could do that.

If real playlist support doesn't come along, this may very well be my last Cowon music player, and I'm not sure how long that's going to last.

Edit: Oh, I found MTP just as I was about to shut down my laptop and call it quits for the night. I'll fiddle with it tomorrow, and hope it bloody well works. It's still missing out on saving on-the-go playlists for some reason, Cowon.

Last edited by Plan303e; 12-03-2008 at 01:53 AM.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:01 PM

Some people reported improvement using the Panasonic SD formatter on the internal. Only do a quick format on that though if you choose to do so.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:12 PM

I just got a D2 today as well.
If you goto Settings/Display/Title you can toggle between file display and ID3 tag.
Also when you are in Music, you can move in and out of Folder view to Tag view where music is soted by Artist, Album, Genre etc.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:51 PM

Anyone happen to buy a case, or is it even necessary? I'm going to stuff them in my jeans and pockets a lot for convenience, very much unlike my PSP.

If so, did you get the Cowon or Noreve brand? How's it look and feel when using the D2?

Also, haven't tried the MTP playlists yet, as I'm in college right now. Perhaps tonight I'll try, after some studying or so.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The damn thing is kinda' tough, but I like to keep it covered myself. Leather case (i-nique) w/a screen protector. TBH the screen protector is a must for any piece of electronic kit.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:53 PM

I personally love the Javoedge case I got from amazon.com. It also came with a great screen protector.