android
Old 11-27-2008, 01:19 PM

Default Sonicstage 4.3 in Vista 64 bit possible at all??

I've read that it isnt possible but I have also read a post or two claiming that it is possible to run as it installs to 32bit (x86) folders in vista 64 bit. Now i dont know much about this kinda thing but i was wondering wether any here had tried sonicstage 4.3 with any results. I have a NWA808 at the moment but considering upgrading to Sony NWZ-S639FB at some point as it relatively cheap for some reason. anyone had positive success with 64 bit and sonicstage??

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-27-2008, 11:41 PM

I am not sure I totally understand your question or why you want to use sonicstage with vista 64 bit.

However if you are getting a s639 its worth noting that you can't use sonicstage with this or any of the new generation. I don't think it works at all, and you are better just drag'n'dropping or using another program to sync it.

Old 11-28-2008, 05:27 AM

Sony has seen the light, after sticking to their terribly botched Sonicstage app for way too long. As Welshie said, you don't need Sonicstage anymore for their newer players. They're MTP and work with simple drag'n'drop, WMP, Mediamonkey, or most other jukebox apps.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

As both Welshie and dfkt have stated: Sonic Stage (SS) is DEAD (Japan & Asia only)!!!! I've had an NWZ-S618 (the Z meaning that it doesn't use SS), have a A829, and I have a S639 on the way from the UK. None use SS.