android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Z5

Old 01-20-2007, 10:30 PM

can the battery really be changed? when i bought my player, the seller told me that the battery cannot be replaced...once spolited, had to change teh player, the seller told me that if he wanted me to buy an extended warranty for my player that i did not buy....

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-01-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Samsung YP-Z5

Hey all,
You guys seem like the experts. My 13 yr. old son left his MP3 player in the washer a couple of weeks ago. I have completely dried it out and opened it up wth the 4 screws. It seems to work when plugged into the USB port but not on its own. I get a good screen and was able to download from Napster to the device. These functions make me think that the thing is working. Should I replace the battery and if so, where do I get one? Let me know if I am just throwing money at a dead device...

Old 03-02-2007, 01:45 AM

try a hobby shop, they have all kinds of Li-Ion battery packs. I'm sure something will work.
Match the voltage & current output and post the part numbers too

Old 03-02-2007, 02:17 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You should be able to order a replacement battery from here:

Samsung Parts

Old 03-02-2007, 05:19 PM

more specifically...

http://www.samsungparts.com/part_det...5Fmodel=YPZ5QS

Old 03-04-2007, 08:34 PM

I wish there was a body replacement for those of us who have scratched their z5's

Old 03-06-2007, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasFlipsen View Post
Hi I just opened the Z5F ... and the battery is sticked to the backside. You can open the player with 4 screws on the side and get the battery out easily, and just plug in the other battery (a small plug).

Bas, did you manage to get the front of the case off too because I couldn't work it out?

Old 06-19-2007, 05:58 AM

Default whats the name

hi, if i were to search on ebay to buy a new battery for this mp3 player, what would i type in?

what is the name for the battery that goes in the samsung yp-z5

thanks,
rishi

Old 06-19-2007, 06:14 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The battery number is 4302-001195 but I'm not sure if that will be the search term. You may also be able to buy a used or damaged Z5 and use its battery, but then again a new battery may be cheaper than this option.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:17 AM

ok thanks very much!

Old 07-30-2007, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoTen View Post
You can purchase the battery directly from Samsung for around $40. It is not too hard to take it apart and get to the battery wich just plugs into the main board. This will void your warrenty, but by the time the batter runs out your warrenty will have expired.

I will be writing up a how to on this soon.
How do you purchase the battery directly from samsung? I went to Samsung's website and could not find a thing and I cant find anything anywhere else on the internet either...thanks for any help i can get

Old 07-30-2007, 04:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardskaos View Post
How do you purchase the battery directly from samsung? I went to Samsung's website and could not find a thing and I cant find anything anywhere else on the internet either...thanks for any help i can get
Please read the thread before posting. Six posts up is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian529 View Post

Old 05-14-2008, 06:03 PM

Default More Juice

<H1>Hi Saw this battery on Laptops for less for $12

MP3 player replacement battery for Samsung Napster series PN: PCF345385A

Battery Technology: Li-Ion, 3.7 Volts 1550 mAh.

Does anyone have the dimensions for that one? Would it fit in the Z5?
approx 50mm x 35mm x 3mm
I'm guessing no.

http://laptopsforless.stores.yahoo.net/pcf345385a.html
</H1>

Old 05-14-2008, 06:05 PM

Sorry for huge post! Looked normal when I sent it.
Won't copy paste text anymore.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:04 PM

http://www.ciao.co.uk/sr/q-samsung+yp+z5

For anyone in the UK. I found a proper replacement battery online for 16 pounds.
I read that lithium ion batteries in general can randomly self destruct and loose charge.
I tried taking my battery out for a few minutes and putting it back together. It wasn't under warranty anyways. Now it is charging again!
Still not being recognized by computer though. tried holding return key while connecting cable. No go. Does Samsung offer technical support non recognition problem?

Old 07-06-2008, 09:36 PM

Its really easy to add/remove the battery.
And Yes, iPod Batteries will work. You just need a way to put the wires in CORRECTLY, also so they can stay in there.
But why iPod battery? The're not as good.

2008 - 4 Gig Zune (Broken)
2006 - YP-Z5 (Awesome!)

Old 11-22-2008, 04:17 PM

I have 2 working YP-Z5. Got a 1GB for nothing because it was faulty with battery problem. With the battery low and discharged completely it kep on re-booting itself randomly when plugged into PC USB port. Then I took the good battery from my good TP-Z5 and plugged in place of the faulty one. This 1GB started up perfect and I was able to upgrade the firmware from 2.47 US to 2.51 US. (This firmware upgrade step is not necessary but the main thing is that with a good battery test the functions of the YP-Z5 first just to make sure the firmware is not corrupted causing the random re-boot. It is probably just good enough to let the machine play for a while to test its stability.)Strangely as suggested by the earlier post after trying to pull the bad battery out unsuccessfly by gently action I gave up as it was well stuck down as I though as well that I wait to order an IPOD 3G battery for £4 on ebay. After I inserted back the faulty batttery , all of a sudden, it starts charging again when I connected the data cable to my PC! Could this be due to bending the battery as I tried to ease it off unsucessfully? And as soon as it charged enough after a few mins the message on the display "low battery" "usb connection disabled" the message became to be "connected" and the YP-Z5 is recognised by Windows as a device as obviously the YP-Z5 is sending signals to it. Now it is still being charged, fingers crossed after a few hours I may have revived the dead battery again, showing that the Li-ion polymer can be revived in some case after disconnecting it from the machine it wasconnected to for a while ( 10 mins or so ?.. as long as the time it took me to take it off and placed a good one from my other player to test what was alleged to be a faulty player with duff battery) ! Once the machine is fully charged and is tested to work stably then you can upgrade the firmware if you have not done so before.

By the way if any needs to get a replacement battery the most cost effective is to buy a 3g ipod battery for between £4-6 on ebay and then solder on the wires together but retain the connector from the old battery. The specs of the original battery is :-
Battery measurements : 65mm X 30mm X 3mm

” 850mAh Capacity. Li-Polymer
” 3.7 Volts.
and the original Samsung made is impossible or too costly to buy.

The battery connector to the YP-Z5 is easy to disconnect, using a jeweller's precision screw driver and push the plug to the left gently from its plugged in socket. To get at the back , take off the four screws and prise off the back cover gently.

Last edited by fredchan; 11-22-2008 at 04:38 PM.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:51 PM

After 5 hours 50 mins the "duff" dead battery is now fully charged. See above post for details.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:14 AM

Default Thankyou

Thanks for your post.
I had given up on my samsung because it had died a death.
I disconnected and reconnected battery and away it went.
Now working fine