android
Old 11-24-2008, 10:33 PM

Default Patch begging:Lock w/pause enabled like Rio/Motorola had

Patch begging:Lock w/pause enabled like Rio/Motorola had

Hi to any of the coders here. What would be the chances of developing a patch to recreate the wonderful slide lock option that the Rio's and much loved Motorola M25 had. You can set it so when you lock it, every button becomes a pause, and you can still adjust volume. Audiobook and podcast users in particular love this feature since it radically cuts down on accidentally losing your place by fumbling at the slide and pause when the phone rings or someone walks up to you. With this, and Rockbox's bookmarks, the E200 would be nearly perfect, there's nothing to be done about taking AAA's! I've read posts here by other fans of this, but unfortunately "rio" and "m25" are both too short to search here, or I'd link to them.

This idea was not well received by the friendly folks at Rockbox.org. "Not a good fit for Rockbox" whatever that means. One guy did say that the slide lock works by software on the e200, so it's technically doable.

If I knew anything about programming I'd give it a shot, but I don't. I dread when my last M25 dies.

Thanks for reading this far.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]