android
Old 10-14-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrc View Post
I think I've noticed a problem with playback. Every once in a while I hear distortion that I would describe as a slight "flutter" to the sound. If I jump back to the same point in the song I don't hear the distortion the second time around and the problem goes away for a while. Originally I thought this was on OGG files but I just checked and at least one of them was an MP3.
Turns out there is a problem with playback on some VBR encoded MP3 files. Sansa is aware and hopes for a fix in the next release.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...thread.id=2844

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-24-2008, 01:07 AM

Hi, I have a problem with the Firmware Upgrade. I tried to upgrade, but while it download, it got an error and tell me to try to again. Then I keep try and try but it keep sending me the message. So what should I do?

Old 10-24-2008, 04:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

That is weird because that file you download is from SanDisk. Are you sure it is a Fuze, or did it download right?

Old 10-24-2008, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvuz13 View Post
Hi, I have a problem with the Firmware Upgrade. I tried to upgrade, but while it download, it got an error and tell me to try to again. Then I keep try and try but it keep sending me the message. So what should I do?
did you download the Sansa Updater first before trying to download the firmware upgrade?
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 10-24-2008, 08:56 PM

Well , Yes I have a Sansa Fuze. I downloaded the Sansa Updater first. I also check the version on my Sansa is 1.1.10. And it also in MSC mode.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Weird, I wonder what is going on then.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:08 AM

I can't get to sandisk's forums from my office, so I can't confirm, but I've experienced the flutter mentioned earlier during 128kb CBR files as well. I know it is the same as just forcing the display to come on causes the flutter to disappear. Does anyone have any more information on ETA of the new firmware, or whether sandisk is aware that this is occurring intermittently with CBR files as well as VBR files?

Old 11-06-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger67 View Post
I can't get to sandisk's forums from my office, so I can't confirm, but I've experienced the flutter mentioned earlier during 128kb CBR files as well. I know it is the same as just forcing the display to come on causes the flutter to disappear. Does anyone have any more information on ETA of the new firmware, or whether sandisk is aware that this is occurring intermittently with CBR files as well as VBR files?
I've read (can't confirm) that Sandisk is aware of the fluttering problem and that there is another firmware update scheduled for sometime this month and also one in January, so hopefully this problem can get fixed ASAP.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 11-07-2008, 09:55 AM

Thanks for the update. I'll be looking forward to the new firmware.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:15 AM

Evidently there are two different problems: Fluttering in VBR files which the Sansa rep said was expected to be fixed in an update in November, and fluttering in 128kb CBR files which the Sansa rep said would be "added to the list" but wasn't specific about whether it would be fixed in the next release. He noted that the CBR problem can be mitigated by setting a custom equalizer.

For those who can visit the Sansa forum it's mentioned here:
http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...cending&page=1