android
Old 06-13-2008, 09:44 PM

Default agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabies View Post
This case is about $30 CAD at Futureshop in Toronto, Canada. The only good things about this is that it's actually very attractive and protects the P2 well. It also has a nifty magnet for the flap.

Here are a list of issues I already have with it:

1) The P2 doesn't slide in very well. It's quite difficult actually. You think that's hard? Well, try pulling it out. It's so tough to pull out that I was getting worried about accidentally pressing the P2 screen too hard as I tried to grip it good enough to pull out. In the end, I slowly shifted the top and bottom ends until it was finally loose. Cases should be tight, but not so tight that you feel you need pliers to pull it out.

2) The box states, and I quote, "All ports easily accessible". Really? Then why is the usb connection port at the bottom of the P2 covered? I was going to suck it up and start cutting a hole myself, but that wouldn't work, as the P2 would just fall right out. Thinking of simply pulling the P2 out for recharge or file transfer? Not really, remember the issue above about the challenge of pulling it out.

3) Guess what else it covers? The physical volume control on the right side of the P2.

4) It also covers the easy holder hook at the top of the P2 -- although I'm not sure how important this variable is, given the fact that the Belkin case comes with a ring.

5) The plastic that protects the P2 screen kind of floats on top of the P2; therefore, it's not the best for pushing the screen for navigation and control. This would be tolerable if it wasn't for issue 6 below. Now to be fair, since I haven't tried any other case yet, I can't say that any other case can do it better, but I'm betting they can.

6) The left side of the case actually partly covers the very important left side of the P2 screen since you need those controls over there to control your videos and other things. It is VERY hard to press the screen. This was pretty frustrating.

Now you know why the box doesn't have a photo of the P2 actually in the Belkin cover -- just a photo of some guy with earphones on -- odd no?

I'm actually a Belkin fan, and I wish this really worked. Like I mentioned above, I was even willing to compromise and start cutting holes in it, but that's not even possible.

I'm going to try either the DLO Action Jacket ($35 CAD at Futureshop/Bestbuy) or the Noreve Samsung YP-P2 leather case ($40+ CAD at Noreve US site).
I agree completly, I bought with my P2 3 days ago, returned today. Completly horrible, going to buy the black noreve case!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-01-2008, 02:51 AM

wish I had read this thread...bought the belkin case a few days ago, and it is terrible. Can't use the touch screen, hides the volume, etc. etc. But I only paid $27 for it. This case, however, was not made for the p2, IMHO. They just whipped one out quickly and did not even think it through. taking it back to "Hardly Normals" asap.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:37 PM

I have the Action Jacket and it great it has a hole on the side for the hold switch and it has marking for the play/pause button and the volume controls and with it on i realized very little difference of the touch screen sensitivity and if you open the bottom the usb port is easily accesible and the headphone port is always accesable the only thing that bothered me was that big clip on the back which you cannot remove easily (its not ment to be removed).

Old 07-07-2008, 02:56 AM

i got my belkin case a week ago. it was $40 AUD but was worth it. the only downside to it is the charging plug on the bottom of the P2 is hidden

Old 07-26-2008, 12:13 AM

in response to Scabies complaints, i did some stuff to the case to improve it tenfold.

1) i think its nice that theP2 fits in snuggly IMO
2) ok, all the ports are not acessable with the case, but its not very hard to
push the the P2 out of the case. but, it could be easyier.
3) with the volume controls being covered, its VERY easy to press them through the
leather, but i must say that it would have been nice if they were labled.
4) i dont think many people use the lanyard, so the case covering the attachement
area is not a bug issue at all.
5) I must agree with Scabbies completely here, but i was able to fix the problem with
the plastic protector very easily. wat i did to fix it, was i i just took an exacto
knife and cut out the plastic as best i could. when that was finished, i just used
included screen protector that came with my P2. as a result, the case couldnt be
better.

So overall, this case case does have a few problems, but they can be easily over come and compensated for. just follow wat i said in step 5, and i can garrantee that your case with but almost perfect.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
wish I had read this thread...bought the belkin case a few days ago, and it is terrible. Can't use the touch screen, hides the volume, etc. etc. But I only paid $27 for it. This case, however, was not made for the p2, IMHO. They just whipped one out quickly and did not even think it through. taking it back to "Hardly Normals" asap.
Absolutely.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoman View Post
I have the Action Jacket and it great it has a hole on the side for the hold switch and it has marking for the play/pause button and the volume controls and with it on i realized very little difference of the touch screen sensitivity and if you open the bottom the usb port is easily accesible and the headphone port is always accesable the only thing that bothered me was that big clip on the back which you cannot remove easily (its not ment to be removed).
I now also have the DLO Action Jacket (DLO for short), as well as the Noreve YP-P2 leather case (Noreve for short). Why did I buy both? I ordered a purple Noreve from the USA, but they didn't have it, so they shipped it from the UK, and that took about 6 weeks. In the meantime, I purchased the DLO and planned to return it when I recieved the Noreve. The issue is I was very impressed and satisfied with the DLO that I continue to use it, while the Noreve stays brand new in my closet.

The DLO does the job almost perfect. One issue is that the plastic that protects the screen makes it harder to press the screen, but much easier than the Belkin case allows. Also, I'm not 100% sure, but any plastic protector is going to rob the quality of the picture at least a bit, making it a bit darker. Now I know that the plastic protector for the DLO is the best its going to get since I've tried a few cases by now -- a necessary evil.

The Noreve is more prettier and elegant looking and feeling than the DLO -- mind you that the DLO is very sharp looking itself. The one big issue with the Noreve is that there is NO plastic protection for the screen. Naturally, your fingerprints will be all over that screen. However, there is a nice flap that protects it when not in use. My plan to work-around this is purchasing a plastic cover for $1 or $2 that was made to protect such devices (I bought mine at one of those small Chinese shops at Chinatown). I'm either going to get someone to stitch it on the Noreve for me or find another way.

Summary: If you want the Noreve ($10 - $15 more than the DLO), then you'll tolerate the fact that it has no plastic protector, but only a flap. It's pretty and elegant -- they really put their efforts into making a quality product; hence the higher price. If you don't want to take the risk, then truly, you can't go wrong with the DLO. Just don't get the Belkin.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trop View Post
in response to Scabies complaints, i did some stuff to the case to improve it tenfold.

1) i think its nice that theP2 fits in snuggly IMO
2) ok, all the ports are not acessable with the case, but its not very hard to
push the the P2 out of the case. but, it could be easyier.
3) with the volume controls being covered, its VERY easy to press them through the
leather, but i must say that it would have been nice if they were labled.
4) i dont think many people use the lanyard, so the case covering the attachement
area is not a bug issue at all.
5) I must agree with Scabbies completely here, but i was able to fix the problem with
the plastic protector very easily. wat i did to fix it, was i i just took an exacto
knife and cut out the plastic as best i could. when that was finished, i just used
included screen protector that came with my P2. as a result, the case couldnt be
better.

So overall, this case case does have a few problems, but they can be easily over come and compensated for. just follow wat i said in step 5, and i can garrantee that your case with but almost perfect.
Hey trop,
1) It's way too tight. It's obvious as BigDave said, Belkin didn't make it for the P2, and just threw it out there with the P2 label. Even virgins aren't that tight.
2) False advertising. They claimed on the cover, "All ports easily accessible". This is absolutely dishonest. Belkin is a good company, and I'm disappointed they pulled this one on us.
3) Absolutely. The DLO Jacket also has the volume and the on/off switch covered. However, it has drawings to mark it. Easy solution that Belkin was too lazy to address.
4) True, I don't use it myself.
5) Nice.

I'm glad you found work-arounds and it works for you. If you ever sought alternatives, as my most previous post states: consider the DLO Action Jacket or the Noreve YP-P2 leather case.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:05 PM

I got the thing at Futureshop Canada in Calgary for $13 cdn (you guys got really ripped off) and the first thing i noticed is, it's tight, really tight - but after about a week it is nicely snug. also the case does not cover the screen with leather. where did you get that idea? the really irritating thing about it was the raised screen protector but eventually you get used to it. overall a 6/10 - good enough, for the cheap price.