android
Old 06-10-2006, 02:10 PM

Question Launch in Europe

Hi Forum!
This is my first post here

In order to follow the instruction of EnzoTen to use the forum for help about the clix I'm asking you a second time:

Can you tell me when iriver will release the clix in europe, especially in germany? I need a new device because I sold my igp 100 few days ago but didn't know that the clix wasn't available...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-10-2006, 02:19 PM

I don't know any date, but not one of the European iRiver websites mentions the Clix at all. And no store has it on pre-order. Seems you have to wait a bit...

Old 06-11-2006, 07:18 AM

Hello...

I recently sent an email to iriver germany and got this reply (in german, ich nehm mal an, du bist aus Deutschland, hattest ja explizit nachgefragt):

"herzlichen Dank für Deine Anfrage und Dein Interesse an den Produkten von iriver.

Sie interessieren Sich speziell für den iriver Clix, der in den USA erhältlich ist, passend hierzu ist der iriver U10 erhältlich. Vom Design und auch von den Funktionen her sind diese beiden Geräte identisch, der wichtigste Unterschied ist, dass der Clix ein MTP11-Gerät ist, das nur unter Windows XP (mit Windows Media Player 11) läuft, der U10 mit 2GB jedoch ein UMS-Gerät ist, das an allen Windows-Rechnern als Massenspeicher erkannt wird.

Monentan ist der U10 sogar im Bundle mit der Dockingstation in unserem Webshop erhältlich und Sie sparen beim Kauf bis zum 8.6.06 sagenhafte 79 EUR!

http://www.iriver.eu.com/buy_iriver.html?&L=1

Ich hoffe sehr, dass ich Ihnen weiterhelfen konnte und wünsche viel Freude mit Ihrem neuen Gerät!"

It seems the Clix remains US-exclusive while the other countries have to be satisfied with the U10 at least for now.

Old 06-12-2006, 03:13 AM

Ja, ich bin aus Deutschland - der WM-Nation .
I sent an email, too, however I've never got a reply from iriver... I know that the U10 is available here, but I prefer the clix because of its lower price and the improvements of the UI, e.g. the cover-art-feature etc...
Hm, so now I don't know whether to buy the u10 or wait for the clix, which - maybe - will never be released in ger...