android
Old 10-09-2007, 08:13 PM

Yeah the folder.jpg is only for WMP and Windows (Windows uses it as the little picture in thumbnail mode, and WMP uses it as the album art for all the files in the folder).

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-02-2007, 10:09 PM

I'm kind of confused on how I use WMP to get all my album art updated on to my T9. When I play music on my laptop, WMP will show the album art. My library also shows the almbum art. I'm assuming that I don't have to go and add it again. If I use WMP to sync with my T9 it won't show the album art on the T9.

So I've gone through the hassle of finding and pasting the album art in SMS. If I sync with SMS it will show the album art which is what I want .

But now my other problem is that when I use SMS and put all my music into the T9, it just kind of throws it in there. If I got into the file browser and then the music folder, all the files will just be there not organized. If I use WMP, it automatically puts all the files into its relative album folder within its artist.

I like to see my files organized I guess, and it also helps when i want to transfer music, pics, etc... by bluetooth with friends. If I don't have enough space, I go into the music folder,easily look up a song I want to delete and its done.

I really don't want to go through the process of having to put all my songs in Artist folders for SMS, and then sub folders of Albums. So is there anyway SMS will do this automatically or can some one tell me what i am doing wrong with WMP.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drez View Post
I really don't want to go through the process of having to put all my songs in Artist folders for SMS, and then sub folders of Albums. So is there anyway SMS will do this automatically or can some one tell me what i am doing wrong with WMP.
I don't know if SMS can be configured to transfer songs into folders, but once the songs have been taged correctly (with album art) in SMS you don't have to use SMS to transfer the files to the T9. You can use another program like WMP or simply copy the files/folders across using windows explorer and the album art should now work fine.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Script to add the album cover massively

Hi, I've made a script that adds the album cover to a bunch of files, taking both the music directory and the covers directory as parameters. Details can be found in the source code:

http://people.debian.org/~aroldan/massmp3apic.py

I tested it on Debian unstable but I think it may run on any Linux-based distribution or even Windows.

Old 03-23-2008, 02:36 AM

Does it need to be in a certain version of ID3? because I just cant seem to get album art to work after following multiple ways, including the ones in this thread

Old 04-25-2008, 01:59 PM

Default Specs on album art

To display album art on t9 or any other mp3 editor you need certain
specifications that work with images embeded in an mp3 as JPG:

Res: 72 px.
Mode: RGB
8 bits/Chanel
any quality
not progressive JPG

*I personally use 300 x 300 pixels images, how about you people?
Heres an example. Enjoy

Old 07-25-2008, 03:56 AM

I never knew you could use album art with the T9. By placing album art, you will increase the space used as it stores the art right, so that is not really that good. Does the album art change into the equalizer art format when you are playing the song?
thanks

Old 09-28-2008, 07:54 PM

Doesn't work for me with WMP 11

Old 09-28-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Froad View Post
Doesn't work for me with WMP 11
Did you try mp3 tag? Check the 1st post by RCM ...

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 10-21-2008, 09:18 AM

A bit buggy too...
Stormfront album cover didn't show up, and I got a greenday album cover on some beethoven...
EDIT: yay for mp3tag