android
Old 12-08-2007, 10:16 PM

Default "No space for DB" Error...

I bought a new P2 today and did the firmware "hack" to change it to UMS. It worked OK for a few hours, but now it gives me this error message when I start it up: "No space for DB. Please delete more than 60 MB." Any ideas on what's wrong and any fixes? I've tried resetting but it hasn't helped.

Thanks all.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Format the P2, this seemed to solve the problem with the sandisk e200 series, hopefully you have all your files backed up on your PC. If formatting doesnt work, change the firmware.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:06 PM

Thanks, the formatting worked. I hope I don't have to do that again. Does anyone know if it's a hardware problem? Should I just return or exchange it?

Old 12-09-2007, 12:02 AM

"no space for DB" means there's no space for DB... i dunno about samsung whether they have a certain capacity reserved for DB or not... but if they don't it might be cus your normal capactiy is full... but if the normal capacity isn't full then i'd say samsung set a certain amt of capacity and for some reason yours just went over (which shouldn't have happened) but yea just reformat it the drive and everything'll be fine

Old 12-09-2007, 12:23 AM

Quote:
"no space for DB" means there's no space for DB... i dunno about samsung whether they have a certain capacity reserved for DB or not... but if they don't it might be cus your normal capactiy is full... but if the normal capacity isn't full then i'd say samsung set a certain amt of capacity and for some reason yours just went over (which shouldn't have happened) but yea just reformat it the drive and everything'll be fine
It doesn't necessarily mean there was no space for DB...I had over 2 GB left on my drive (the message mentioned that only 60 MB was needed). So, not sure what was wrong, but it was definitely NOT due to a shortage of space.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:29 AM

wat i meant was that if you still had space left then samsung has capacity set out for only the DB (that's why the full capacity doesn't show up) that thing just basically means your "set out" space was filled.... just reformat

Old 12-09-2007, 02:07 AM

Quote:
wat i meant was that if you still had space left then samsung has capacity set out for only the DB (that's why the full capacity doesn't show up) that thing just basically means your "set out" space was filled.... just reformat
But are you saying that it is a firmware/software/hardware problem? As I noted above, I've already reformatted...I'm just trying to figure out how to prevent this from happening again.......

Old 12-09-2007, 03:18 AM

firmware

Old 12-09-2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
firmware
I agree. When the "no space for DB" error happened a second time last night, I switched back to MTP and it worked again without reformatting.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:15 PM

just reformat... it's not that hard to reformat just go under settings and reformat

Old 08-20-2008, 02:20 AM

Sorry, just want to follow up. Does this problem happen again after the format?

Old 08-20-2008, 08:12 PM

it happened to me 3 days ago.

I copied all my data and then reformat using windows. Formating on the P2 doesnt work because this error doesnt allow you to enter the main menu, it just turn off after displaying that message.

Copied all my data back and worked again, until 2 days ago, it happended again.

The thing is, I installed mac OS X on my PC 3 days ago, and the problem started from there... maybe Mac OS install some hidden files that cause the conflict.

The question here is, does powz have a Mac too? maybe it is some incompatibility with the P2 using UMS and a mac.

EDIT? after seeing powz others post, it does have a mac so I guess the P2 doesnt support MAC

Last edited by sotodefonk; 08-20-2008 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Looking around

Old 08-21-2008, 01:04 AM

Yea I am running on a mac too and I had that problem last night. I was wondering it was because I disconnected the P2 without properly ejecting it from osx first. Well, if I can replicate the problem again I will post it here -_-...

Oh right, I formatted the P2 and it just worked again for me, tho it would be a pain if it happens every time i move content onto it.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:40 AM

Please check the following link it might be helpful for you.
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=29471

Old 10-12-2008, 03:15 PM

so, how do I format my p2 on a macbook pro?
I have the same prob