android
Old 10-11-2008, 09:23 AM

Default Song Update Problems

Anyone else having problems with their song counts and latest plays updating? Apparently there is a major issue with 3.0 on this and a lot of frustrated Zune owners are over at the Zune forums.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Zune Moderator

They were overloaded with all the data coming into the system. But as far as I know and have seen the zune.net social updates very frequently. However the software plays and play count have not updated for me more then every day or so.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruleworld View Post
They were overloaded with all the data coming into the system. But as far as I know and have seen the zune.net social updates very frequently. However the software plays and play count have not updated for me more then every day or so.
Overloaded? They have like less than 5% of the MP3 market share.

If you check out the Zune forums. You'll see this has been a major problem since 3.0 was released. There are several threads on the subject, one is over 190 messages long:

http://forums.zune.net/2/16/335233/ShowPost.aspx#335233

Old 10-11-2008, 03:38 PM

Not to be an ass but in that very thread you posted it says in the OP that all plays are being logged and it's just a matter of time before they're displayed.

Other than playcounts not updating it appears there are quite a few minor bugs that need to be addressed in a new update. I hope they can release one soon because my Zune is being repaired and by the time it gets back I'd like to have a relatively bug free Zune!

Old 10-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Banned

Issues have been resolved for my lately. Everything is updating right now.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiventa View Post
Not to be an ass but in that very thread you posted it says in the OP that all plays are being logged and it's just a matter of time before they're displayed.

Other than playcounts not updating it appears there are quite a few minor bugs that need to be addressed in a new update. I hope they can release one soon because my Zune is being repaired and by the time it gets back I'd like to have a relatively bug free Zune!
I wouldn't call the playcounts not updating a "minor" bug since it's one of the unique features of the Zune and a major reason many made the choice. When I first bought my Zune shortly before the 3.0 version came, updates were going through in minutes. Now it takes days, and they aren't even full updates at that.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Zune Moderator

The are working on fixing it. I was and still is overloading their server with all the data being collected. There is more data being collected now then there was before.