android
Old 10-06-2008, 01:44 PM

Default US MTP to Korean UMS Firmware Video

Hey everyone. A while back I decided I didn't want to be out of the loop with the US firmware so I found this forum and followed the instructions. The steps were good but I had some issues with the firmware files and whatnot. I felt that it would have been easier if everything was labeled better and was more to the point.

I run a small video "center" on youtube on just P2 information. Last night (after many requests) I made a video walkthrough on how to downgrade and upgrade your P2 from US to Korean Firmware. I bundled each firmware on my own site and included the config.dat file required to change to UMS mode. I feel that this video will help a lot of people have a better understanding of how to perform this operation. I've also shown how to install the "lite" dictionary just for the heck of it.

Before starting any of the steps I recommend that you read the anythingbutipod.com forum thread regarding the firmware change. This thread has all the information required to do it. It also has specific warnings and explanations that I could not fit into my video. Please make sure you are starting with US firmware and that you want to end up in UMS mode. The forum thread can be read here:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=25784

Please understand neither anythingbutipod members OR myself are responsible for your actions or their results by reading or watching the content provided. My Video can be found here:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=oh7QEakD_rs

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
change, dictionary, firmware, korean, video