android
Old 09-15-2008, 01:43 AM

Default Around the house scratch-off solution?

I've been hunting around the ABI forums, and I found solutions such as Applesauce that can be used to remove scratches.

However, I don't have the money, because I'm only 14 and don't work yet. Are there any around-the-house items I can take a try at? I've tried toothpaste, but it removes (not completely) really really small scratches. I've heard that if I leave the toothpaste on overnight, it will have a better effect. Is this true. I didn't try because I was afraid it might ruin my screen.

And are there any other solutions?

(I went through 2 screen protectors, but they kinda peeled off. I do have a skin for my P2, but the screen is exposed.)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-15-2008, 06:22 PM

well, i heard that bananas are/can used to remove scratches from CDs. You just take a banana, peel it, cut of the top, then rub it on the backing. Leave it for a few seconds, then wash it w/ water and then wipe it with a lint free cloth. For a lint free cloth, I use one of those wipes for your glasses; those work very well. You can find them just about anywhere that sells glasses
Gaming: Sony PSP, Nintnedo DS, Original Xbox
Let's go bust a cap in Apple's ass!

Old 09-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coaxkte View Post
well, i heard that bananas are/can used to remove scratches from CDs. You just take a banana, peel it, cut of the top, then rub it on the backing. Leave it for a few seconds, then wash it w/ water and then wipe it with a lint free cloth. For a lint free cloth, I use one of those wipes for your glasses; those work very well. You can find them just about anywhere that sells glasses
lol, that would be a good idea, EXCEPT for the wash with water part...i dont think the P2 likes water very much =P

ive seen this product called merlins disk magic that looks like it might work, but havent tried it yet cuz im a poor kid too...

still, if you dont wanna spend any money, your best bet would still to try to toothpaste thing, because some how i dont think w.e chemical is in the toothpaste can diffuse through the thick plastic to harm the screen

Old 09-15-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouswonderer View Post
lol, that would be a good idea, EXCEPT for the wash with water part...i dont think the P2 likes water very much =P

ive seen this product called merlins disk magic that looks like it might work, but havent tried it yet cuz im a poor kid too...

still, if you dont wanna spend any money, your best bet would still to try to toothpaste thing, because some how i dont think w.e chemical is in the toothpaste can diffuse through the thick plastic to harm the screen
i meant just take like a rag or something, wet it a little in water and then just wipe the banana off
Gaming: Sony PSP, Nintnedo DS, Original Xbox
Let's go bust a cap in Apple's ass!

Old 09-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

haha i see =)
my bad then

Old 09-16-2008, 10:10 AM

Thanks, I'll try it out and post back with the results. Just gotta wait till my mom has the crave for bananas again.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:39 AM
Ultra Senior Member

monkeys, monkeys, monkeys

Old 10-02-2008, 07:56 AM
ABI Invaluable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyMp3s View Post
... I've heard that if I leave the toothpaste on overnight, it will have a better effect. Is this true. I didn't try because I was afraid it might ruin my screen. ...
Not true, don’t leave tooth paste on player … to find out how it works, read about how compound wax works, too long to explain. Also, there are more and less abrasive tooth pastes available, but stick with white.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 10-02-2008, 08:23 AM

Potatoshells also should work to remove scratches but i didn´t test it yet. ^^