android
Old 10-13-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Gigabeat S30 USB Problem

I disassembled my S30 to replace the battery, and all seemed well afterwards, until I went to add some more music. For some reason the mini-usb connection is not working, however, the master power on/off switch (little one on the bottom) works just fine and the power plug works fine, so I know the daughter card is at least communicating with the device. Anyone have any suggestions (could this be software related)? If anyone knows of a USB adapter that plugs into the wide docking port next to the USB port, maybe that still works, or perhaps anyone with a bricked unit that wants to sell me that part?

Could it be possible that the USB detection is software related and a "device reset" could fix it? I have about 25GB of music on it currently, so losing all of that and still having a broken USB connection would be even worse.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-22-2008, 04:56 PM

I read somewhere in a review article or something that the 'wide port' beside the USB has no function. I am also having mini USB problems. The unit will charge through the USB but not communicate otherwise. Have tried several computers and several different USB cords. It plays fine but I only have about 2/3 of what I want on there loaded and no playlists set up. I'm in the process of disassembling it to see if that has any effect. I'll let you know if I'm successful.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:25 PM

If you pull it apart, check the connections on the HHD. Maybe that'll do it, sometimes these connections come loose, that's mostly how the "Error 5" starts.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who know binary and those who don't.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:42 AM

I have converted an f seies docking port to work on the s series. It is the same connection just a little diffrent position. I used a dermmel and cut the sides off. The charger port did not work or the usb port but it works on the docking station.