android
Old 08-24-2008, 09:32 PM

Default 2G builds the library again every time?

Forgive my ignorance. Is this the intended behavior? I thought I remembered that when I first got my 2G, it only rebuilt the library when changes occured, ie, when I added or removed files. Now it goes through all 360 songs and rebuilds the library every time I turn the player on, even if no files have been added or removed. Is this what is supposed to be happening? For what it's worth, I have about 6 movies on the built-in memory and my mp3s are on a 2G microSD card. I have no idea what firmware I am running, but I have never updated it.

ETA that I have already erased the internal memory and initiated the player again in an attempt to clear out any corrupted config files. I tried pushing the reset button, but that never did anything.

Last edited by erinspice; 08-24-2008 at 09:37 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-07-2008, 11:35 PM

you really should update the firmware, It worked for me. After a hard drop from my pocket the player started to build every time I turned it on, but not with all my sd cards, it was really weird and annoying. but it was solved with the new firmware, you can find out which version you have in the info section of the settings menu.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:02 AM

Thanks, I did end up doing the firmware update that day and it did not fix this problem for me.