android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P2

Old 05-20-2008, 04:18 PM

Default Clearing up concerns between the Best Buy version and th KR version

Okay, I'm a pretty sure this question was asked before so please bear with me. I have an 8gb P2 which I purchased from Best Buy. It of course has the firmware specific to Best Buy and Rhaposdy. I currently do have a subscription to Rhapsody which I do use. I know that by changing the region to KR this will enable you to download more functions and games onto the P2 and I know that by doing this the P2 will no longer be optimized for Rhapsody. Other than not being able to download Rhapsody channels are there any other negative aspects to uninstalling the Best Buy firmware? I would like to enjoy some of the other features that are accessible with the Korean firmware but it seems from what I have been reading on the forums once you change if you decide to go back to the Best Buy specific firmware a lot of issues seem to develope. Will I be still able to download Rhapsody tracks and will they still be licensed as they are now. Can someone please give me the pros and cons of switching to the Korean firmware. This is an awesome forum and there always seems to be a load of information available. Any help in clearing this matter up would be greatly appreciated. I currently downloaded Version 4.13 and the new GUI version for Best Buy.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-20-2008, 06:56 PM

Once you switch to the korean firmware, your DRMed files (movies & music; including Rhrapsody) WILL NOT WORK, even if you switch back to the Best Buy firmware. I also have the Best Buy 8GB P2, so I know from experience. In your case, I would not switch to the Korean firmware if you want your music to play on your P2. There really aren't many other features worth having, other than the Dictionary & Song Lyrics on the KR firmware. You should still be satisfied with your Best Buy P2.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:37 AM

Talking

Thanks. That was my main concern. As you stated some of the additional features available w/the KR firmware are interesting but not absolutely necessary and I definitely do not want to cause problems with my player. That is exactly what I wanted to know.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:13 AM

so there's no way to go back to BB's firmware after converting to KR's? Even if i were to format my P2 and start from fresh??

Old 09-15-2008, 04:08 PM

Re-formatting your device has no effect on what firmware version you are using. It's probably a good idea to leave well enough alone.