android
Old 08-26-2008, 12:17 AM

Default Will Bluetooth speakers work with alarm?

I've been trying to find a either Yes or No answer to this, but no such luck. Do the Samsung bluetooth speakers (Samsung BS300) WAKE when the alarm for the P2 goes off? Or do they stay on overnight? I want to know if it's worth getting them to be able to use the P2 as an alarm in the morning.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-26-2008, 01:30 AM
Samsung Moderator

I doubt it. But then again, I can't confirm directly.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:18 AM

Yes. Bluetooth speakers work with alarm.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:00 AM

No...the BS300 will not without a BT connection active. With no connection, it will time out and shut down. It will stay in standbye only with an active connection maintained by the P2.
Sort Of...if the P2 has it's BT on and connects automatically to the BS300 upon awaking while the BS300 is maintaining an standbye HFP cellular connection.
Yes...the BS300 will work with a wired connection.

So, you got a yes and a no answer with a sort of placed into the mix for good measure. The reason you can't get a yes or no question is because there is no simple yes or no answer. Your question is overly simplistic so you will get a variety of answers.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post
No...the BS300 will not without a BT connection active. With no connection, it will time out and shut down. It will stay in standbye only with an active connection maintained by the P2.
Sort Of...if the P2 has it's BT on and connects automatically to the BS300 upon awaking while the BS300 is maintaining an standbye HFP cellular connection.
Yes...the BS300 will work with a wired connection.

So, you got a yes and a no answer with a sort of placed into the mix for good measure. The reason you can't get a yes or no question is because there is no simple yes or no answer. Your question is overly simplistic so you will get a variety of answers.
But here's what I want to get to. Many people just want to be able to shut off their P2. Sleep 8 hours. Then wake up the P2s Alarm playing music through some speakers. I don't think that's a hard question to answer really. Since that is the scenario many people imagine the alarm feature will work with. Now, when you say "YES..the BS300 will work with a wired connection" do you mean it will wake even after 8 hours of the P2 being turned off and then the P2 waking to the alarm?

Old 08-26-2008, 08:56 PM

just try it dude experiment and ull know and then u can tell us and that would b kool

Old 08-28-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickledBrain View Post
But here's what I want to get to. Many people just want to be able to shut off their P2. Sleep 8 hours. Then wake up the P2s Alarm playing music through some speakers. I don't think that's a hard question to answer really. Since that is the scenario many people imagine the alarm feature will work with. Now, when you say "YES..the BS300 will work with a wired connection" do you mean it will wake even after 8 hours of the P2 being turned off and then the P2 waking to the alarm?
Waking is not an issue with a wired connection. The speakers detect if the speaker input has a cable inserted and does not time out. It will time out and shut down using BT without a connection.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:09 AM

Works for me. Left the p2 in the office after playing with the alarm settings etc.

Went to bed

2am : Beep Bippity Beep from bluetooth speakers in the bedroom.

2.05 WTF ?

2.10 Go to office, turn off p2 which had woken itself, paired, and alarmed :-)

Old 09-12-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
Works for me. Left the p2 in the office after playing with the alarm settings etc.

Went to bed

2am : Beep Bippity Beep from bluetooth speakers in the bedroom.

2.05 WTF ?

2.10 Go to office, turn off p2 which had woken itself, paired, and alarmed :-)

But the original question was will the BS-300 work. The BS-300 times out and shuts down after 5 minutes or so. So although we're all glad it works for you, it will not work for the BS-300 unless the alarm goes off before it times out.