android
Old 07-09-2008, 11:36 AM

Default How long did u wait to get a replacement P2?

Ok, so my 8gb P2 has the headphone jack problem. I called 'sung and they gave me two options:

1) Send in my old one and wait until they repair it or send me a replacement model back. I'm thinking they just send out a refurbished one.

2) Provide them with my credit card # and they will send me a replacement first and I send them back my old one when I get the new one. U get billed only if they never receive your original.

Decided to use option 2. I can use my Motorola S9's until I get the new one. Has anyone else opted for this? I seen posts here and elsewhere where it's taken up to a month to get a new P2 doing option 1. Is that the norm or the exception?

I would have taken #1 but I gave away my old Z5 and dusting off an old sony discman just ain't gonna happen. I have a 45min subway commute each way to work.
Apple iPod Touch 32gb (sigh) w/Fiio E1

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-09-2008, 07:59 PM

I called the Samsung guarantee servce thing when I had the exact same problem as you. They asked me to fax them a copy of the receipt to prove that I own a P2, then they would send me the instructions by e-mail on how to send back the P2 through UPS. I printed out what I needed, sent the package and it surprisingly only took a week before I got a new P2, not refurbished; all new - with the box, earphones, cd, manual, etc.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:39 PM

but you only get a brand new one if they run out of refurbished ones

Old 07-13-2008, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoman View Post
but you only get a brand new one if they run out of refurbished ones
sorry to sound noobish, but, what exactly do they mean by refurbished here?
and what kind of packaging does those refurbished ones come in?

Old 07-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Samsung Moderator

Refurbished is a used one repaired to standards for new players (aka QC'ed to make sure everything works) and warranted like a new player, but without actually being new. It's going to look "like new" but occasionally they have scuffing or some signs of use on the external surface.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Refurbished is a used one repaired to standards for new players (aka QC'ed to make sure everything works) and warranted like a new player, but without actually being new. It's going to look "like new" but occasionally they have scuffing or some signs of use on the external surface.
ah i see, thanks for the info

Old 07-17-2008, 01:26 PM

Got my replacement. They sent it via some courier service I've never heard of. Def not UPS or Purolator. Good thing I'm off until Tues. Rather they have sent it Canada Post though. Courier company suck.

"I'm sorry I wasn't home, I was working, u know, to pay for the things you're trying to deliver to me..."

They never sent me any details on how to send my old one back. Had to call Samsung to get the info and then notify (go figure) UPS to arrange a pick up. Now I have to sit here until potentially 8pm for the driver to pick up the old one. So much for my beer run...

Anyway...

The unit looks brand new. No scratches of scuffs. Date on the back is 2008/07. Knock on wood I won't have that headphone jack problem again. Or at least until I'm ready to upgrade

I'm keeping the extra headphones (emergency only - those things don't fit properly), screen protector et al.

I downdgraded the firmware on the old one back to US MTP. Not sure if it matters but it's simple enough.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:00 AM

Okay, so i have the same headphone jack problem...

Called upSamsung, state them option 2 and what do they do?

Blow me off and only give me option 1. I asked them why they can't provide me with option 2 and they say, "because you have the "JCB" model". I was like that's no reason why you can't give me option two. Then i just got pi**ed off aruging with the man and was like okay then give me option one then...

They also told me that I may have to pay about 17 if its a customer fault. Oh and the man also told me that they never send out refurbishments, he was convinced that they repair the player you send them, and then they send it out back to you.

So, going to wait and see what happens now.

STUPID CALL CENTERS, I'D LIKE TO SEE THESE PEOPLE TALK FACE TO FACE!

Desi

Old 07-24-2008, 10:14 AM

I have the JCB model.

No one ever mentioned any charge for "customer fault". Headphone jack issue is def a manufacturing problem. The impression I got from the CSR was they've had my type of call one too many times.

I'm in Canada. Maybe option #2 is NA only.

I would have hung up and called back later hoping to get someone who understands the concept of customer service.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:44 PM

I see where your coming from. But they log every thing you do which is ga*.

When I mentioned this method he call rep said some fancy name for it. He told me its not available for my model. I said this is stupid, you don't prodive that method because of some code on the back of the player. And he said Yes. I was like WOW. But i'm going to send it back in the jiffy bag, If i recieve a referbishment, i'm going to call back. They have the log there, i can tell them to read it. So they see that i wanted to do a different option. But if they still want to be bitc*es then i'll talk to the manager, if he wants to be a bitc*, then head office.

Desi

Old 07-25-2008, 04:35 PM

so my friend had similar issues with samsung. except he had a broken screen

after asking for a warranty covered repair, he finally gave up because they told him it was a customer cosmetic damage. he read somewhere that a guy, who also broke their lcd screen, went online to the samsung site and submitted a request for warranty repair on his P2. He said there's a "problem" with his lcd. So my friend did the exact same thing and samsung sent him an email with a UPS shipping label. My friend shipped his P2 not knowing what would happen. A week late got a call from the lcd department at samsung telling him that the repairs department can't fix the lcd screen. (nothing about a cracked screen) The caller told my friend he has three options:

1. Get a full money back refund if he faxes in the original receipt.

2. Wait 2 weeks until more 8gb black P2s arrive to their service center.

3. Get a 8gb wine red P2 shipped immediately.

He chose number 3 seeing he didn't have his receipt and received the P2 a week later. I'd say samsung has GREAT customer service. I think my friend just got lucky. I'm not telling people here to do the same thing cus it's pretty much screwing up samsung. but yea... you guys get the idea

cheers...

Old 08-08-2008, 08:38 PM

So I had to call up Samsung today because my battery is gone. I keep charging it but when I turn it on it says it needs to be charged.

I was given those 2 options also and went with the second option. The lady told me they will send me a refurbished one and I hope it will be in as good of condition as my current one.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:34 PM

I received my replacement today and the lady on the phone told me it would be a refurbished player. The email I received from Samsung said my player may or may not be refurbished. I am kind of confused because the player looks perfectly new to me.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:45 PM

Mine looks new. No scratches or scuffs. I've heard that if they don't have any refurbished ones on hand - sounds hard to believe - they'll send a brand new one.

In any event, as long as it works and it isn't scratched/scuffed, I could care less.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:39 PM

I would find it hard to believe that player is refurbished if the assembled date is 7/2008. Has to be a new one but I don't mind refurbished or not as long as its working and externally fine.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:14 AM

Well, looks like my replacement P2 has the deadphone jack issue. It's in the begining stages of static and vanishing sound. Not even 2 months old. I'll be calling 'sung again after work. This is clearly a major defect in the P2.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:15 PM

Called 'sung and they're still offering the same two options so I'll be back to using my Motorola S9's until I get the new one.