android
Old 06-20-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Mac user?

I relied on a consumerreport.org review when purchasing this, which said it was iTunes compatible. I have a fully updated version of Mac OS X with the newest version of iTunes, but I can't figure out how to make it work. If iTunes doesn't work with it (which I think might be the case) then are there any other programs I can use to add music to it, or I am just going to have to load up Bootcamp and use WMP 11?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-20-2007, 04:07 PM

Sadly i think you will have to use wmp11.Don't know why it won't work.I will try to find a solution for you if i can but no garantees.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregwebster View Post
I relied on a consumerreport.org review when purchasing this, which said it was iTunes compatible. I have a fully updated version of Mac OS X with the newest version of iTunes, but I can't figure out how to make it work. If iTunes doesn't work with it (which I think might be the case) then are there any other programs I can use to add music to it, or I am just going to have to load up Bootcamp and use WMP 11?
I have a Mac with OS X and iTunes and a Sansa Express 2 GB. To get your music onto the SE, open iTunes, click on a song, then go to File --> Show in Finder. Now, you'll see where the actual MP3 file is located on your Mac hard drive. When you connect your SE to your Mac, you'll see an icon on your desktop for the SE. Double-click on it to open it. Then go to the place on your Mac hard drive where the actual MP3 files are stored. Now, just drag MP3s from your Mac to your SE. (To delete MP3 files from your SE, connect the SE to your Mac, double-click on the SE icon, then drag MP3 files to your trash.)

It's true, you can't sync the SE and iTunes. But I've known of too many problems with that, so I wanted an MP3 player that would allow me to control the process (drag-and-drop).

Old 05-12-2008, 07:01 PM

Ditto here - I wanted a very simple player I could just drag & drop music into. However, I'd like to know if it's possible to create playlists that way. What I'd really like to do is organize music on my microSD card. Even though I dragged & dropped music organized in folders the same way I did to the internal disc, in the player, the songs from the microSD card are completely in random order - not even grouped together by artist or album.

If I can't do it by dragging & dropping, or by naming the files (e.g., on each album, I inserted numbers in the beginnings of the titles to try to keep them in order that way), is there software for the Mac that will organize playlists?

Old 09-08-2008, 12:29 AM

you can use this program called Thrupp to link any disk-based player to iTunes music and playlists. basically it reads your iTunes database and then you can pick albums, songs, playlists, etc. and it will copy the files over to your player. it will even transcode to a different MP3 quality level for your player without you having to mess with your original files.

http://www.utsire.com/thrupp/