android
Old 09-03-2008, 09:18 PM

Angry Samsung P2: My problems

1. The time on my P2 reverted once. I turned it on like I did on any other day, but the time was about 5 hours ahead, and the date was September 2009. I didn't do anything to the settings or anything. Just listened to music, off, on again, and time changes. Gives me an impression that this thing won't be too reliable for an alarm clock.

2. I've just bought my P2, but I'm worried about the battery. I use the P2 for about an hour a day: after only an hour, the indicator is halfway gone...I listen to music at 12 volume most of the time on custom DNSe, with cover art showing, but the screen is rarely turned off (may that be the problem?). I have the brightness set to max. But Samsung promised me hours and hours of music. I expected about 10 hours at LEAST with my settings. But 1 hour and already half is gone? Surprising. Well maybe 4. I turned the player on an hour later and it's back at 3 bars.

Remedies?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-04-2008, 02:10 AM

Maximum brightness will obviously decrease the battery life of your P2.
Keep your brightness midway, keep the music running, dont touch the screen often, keep the volume at around 15 and you should get 20+ hours, and if you dont maybe your battery is defective so you should get your P2 replaced.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:20 PM

You're insane with those brightness settings

Old 09-04-2008, 04:01 PM

brigthness dude other then that it seems good cause i listen to my p2 with bluetooth and it last like 3 days and i pick on the screen all the time

Old 09-04-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyMp3s View Post
2. I've just bought my P2, but I'm worried about the battery. I use the P2 for about an hour a day: after only an hour, the indicator is halfway gone...I listen to music at 12 volume most of the time on custom DNSe, with cover art showing, but the screen is rarely turned off (may that be the problem?). I have the brightness set to max. But Samsung promised me hours and hours of music. I expected about 10 hours at LEAST with my settings. But 1 hour and already half is gone? Surprising. Well maybe 4. I turned the player on an hour later and it's back at 3 bars.

Remedies?
The high current draw with running the screen at near constantly at full brightness influences the battery metering circuit to project 1/2 at the time when you are drawing the current. Turn it off and on again and it may register as higher without the high current draw.

The solution has been stated. I'm suprised that you're suprised that you get the outcome that you did.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:14 PM

about every 3-4 weeks you should fully discharge your P2 because after awhile the battery indicator isn't that accurate, but discharging it all the way and then recharging it makes it more accurate again, maybe that's your battery problem?

Old 09-04-2008, 07:57 PM

Well yeah, Samsung promised hours and hours of music, not cover viewing. :P

Old 09-04-2008, 08:18 PM

Heh...maybe I'm a little crazy with the brightness. Thanks!

Old 09-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Samsung Moderator

Keeping the screen on is akin to watching video. The projected life of the player with video (4-5 hours) is a more appropriate estimate of battery life if you don't turn the screen off.