android
Old 07-28-2008, 08:08 PM

Default How to put videos into my Samsung S5?

I have a 4GB Samsung S5 and I was wondering how you put videos into the protable player, as I attempted to do so many times. As i dragged the Video File from my computer into the Video File of the S5 and it didnt appear. Can anyone help me? Please with step-by-step direction to help me solve my problem. Thanks in advance. By the way, I'm a first time user of this site, so it might take me awhile to get used to this site.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-18-2008, 09:28 PM

Default Format

What is the format of your video file? Only mp4 and wmv files are supported by the S5.

Old 08-25-2008, 02:39 AM

The only thing that has ever worked for me was converting the video in Samsung Media Studio / EmoDio and transferring it from there.

I tried conversion and direct copying using some other open source software (can't recall the name atm) as per directions on other threads on these forums, but it never worked. Windows said the file was an invalid format, even though I had renamed it to .svi, made sure the resolution was correct, etc. etc. I even compared the same video converted in SMS and with the other software, and all of the properties that I could see appeared to be the same!

Old 08-27-2008, 10:47 PM

Default MP4

The only accepted format aside from the .svi is the mp4 format. Renaming wont do the trick since some of the codecs inside the file are different, so you need a video converter when converting videos.